Thread: Color Carbon in Silvershotz

Color Carbon in Silvershotz

The latest edition of Silvershotz (Volume 4, Edition 3) has an article by me on color carbon printing. This is the third of a four-part series on carbon printing I wrote for this magazine. The previous two articles were about monochrome carbon printing, and the last article which will appear in the forthcoming issue, will feature the work of four contemporary masters of color carbon/carbro: Gerard Aniere, Hans & Chia, Tod Gangler, and John Bentley.

The three color carbons in the current Silvershotz were made by me, but quite a number of years ago when we had to make color separations with analog methods. I am sure that I could do much better color today, but am currently working only with monochrome carbon.

Hope some of you get a chance to look.

Sandy King

Re: Color Carbon in Silvershotz

Sandy,

I really enjoyed your articles in the last 2 issues. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Re: Color Carbon in Silvershotz

Quote Originally Posted by John Bowen View Post
    Sandy,

I really enjoyed your articles in the last 2 issues. Thanks for keeping us informed.
    Hi John,

Thanks very much, and look for the next issue with the color carbon/carbro work of Aniere, Bentley, Gangler, and Hans & Chia. These guys (and gal) do extraordinary work with color. They are, IMO, the best in the world at what why do.

Sandy