Page 260 of 355 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 3545

Thread: Flowers Anyone?

Re: Flowers Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by appletree View Post
    Yes if you care to share more details perhaps include them in an existing thread....(searching now for a thread)....well not too much luck. Information of course is out there in various threads. Some on scanning Velvia, some on black and white workflow, some with Silverfast, etc. Might be best to start a thread regarding scanning color negatives/slide film with Vuescan. Heck I will start it now.

I don't own Vuescan yet, was waiting to pull the trigger. But overall in 5ish years of scanning film, I only occasionally have rolls that look as expected (usually Velvia). Everything else often seems very muddy, or dark, or no tonal range, etc.

I think when I pick up a v700, I am going to pick up Vuescan.
    My scanning improved out of sight by following this link, a moderator I believe
    http://www.kenleegallery.com/html/tech/scanning.php
    very easy steps to follow
    Bazz8

Quote Originally Posted by appletree View Post
    Your outcome is amazing though. Regardless of your "ten year-old" set up!

I have a softbox/cube thing I work inside of. I need to put it in the living room where I have more natural lighting. Although I like the thought of having a backdrop and on a wood table for some depth.
    In the end it doesn't matter what your set-up is as long as it works. However, the more I do these kinds of shots the more I understand the appeal of a dedicated studio space that isn't clogged with living room furniture.

Window light is lovely--and classic--but the biggest issue I have is trying to modulate it. Since I can't move the window I have to move the table if I want the light source to be relatively larger or smaller, whereas with a softbox you could just move the light stand and put it where you want it. That's why I am jealous of Ramiro's lighting; it seems more controlled and directional. My living room also has three other large windows in it so I have issues with light spill, but it's been working fine so far.

J.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. And I guess my softbox is more like a empty cube of softbox material. I forget what it is called. It works pretty well to diffuse harsh light from a lamp. One side of the cube is open. I would love to sort out a few basic lights for still-life, portrait work, etc. As with everything so many options available. And my budget has been spent on 4x5 kit itself...plus buying another scanner in the near future. But in time, I am patient...

@Bazz8, yeah I have seen it before. Perhaps I need to go through it all again more carefully.

My ideal set up would be window light Jonathan. I like its quality much more over the soft box. And also, to be able to leave it there for days without having to dismantle everything after I am done. My place is so small I can only set up my light in a fixed spot, unfortunately too close to the background.

It's true that I have left this basic arrangement, essentially a table and various props, not to mention a couple of cameras on tripods, in the middle of our front room for a few weeks. My wife is very patient with me in that regard. I'll have to break it all down at some point, but not until I'm ready....or until we have guests.

Here's another image from that same spot. I think I got the color balance a bit better this time.

Dogwood from the front yard.

I just got back into photography after about 5-6 years away from it due to fighting cancer. This was shot about seven years ago. I built the camera (similar to the Bender design) and used a 210mm Schneider lens. I just retired in January, so I got myself a scanner for all the large format negatives I've got. I also bought a Epson 1430 printer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img052C1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    It's true that I have left this basic arrangement, essentially a table and various props, not to mention a couple of cameras on tripods, in the middle of our front room for a few weeks. My wife is very patient with me in that regard. I'll have to break it all down at some point, but not until I'm ready....or until we have guests.

Here's another image from that same spot. I think I got the color balance a bit better this time.

Jonathan, you're on a roll. Great photos.

Quote Originally Posted by David Lobato View Post
    Jonathan, you're on a roll. Great photos.
    Can we say he's "on a sheet"? Here? :munch:

I like these last few color shots a lot Jonathan. The color balance is quite good. That Fuji negative film has always been one of my favorite films, but I only have a few sheets left.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Art Liefke View Post
    Dogwood from the front yard.

I just got back into photography after about 5-6 years away from it due to fighting cancer. This was shot about seven years ago. I built the camera (similar to the Bender design) and used a 210mm Schneider lens. I just retired in January, so I got myself a scanner for all the large format negatives I've got. I also bought a Epson 1430 printer.
    Art, thats a beautiful photo. Excited for you to be back into photography and wishing you good health!

Pali