Page 14 of 355 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Flowers Anyone?

Re: Flowers Anyone?

Hallo Ken, hallo Russ,
    thanks for your nice comments. The print is not cropped. I donīt like the black edge very much. I picked up the lens from ebay with a howl old studio camera. There was no hint to the lens and so it was quite cheap.
    All the best from Berlin

Another shallow DoF experiment, testing a 90/6.8 Angulon on 4x5, close up and wide open.

I'm glad I found this thread - many lovely images here.

I've been playing with some expired Polaroid T57, working with the "goop" side after exposure. Here's an example.

Paul

I shot this in my basement studio. Plucked a clover blossem and put it in a glass of water and played with the Calumet 45NX. Probably Ektapan but I don't really remember.

Darkcloth Fumbler

hey jeff, that looks like my flower image! same vase, same type of flower...
    - matt haines

Business.
    Pleasure.

wide open rose, almost !
    I'll give a look tomorrow:-)
    4x5

My first successful Polaroid 809 (8x10) shot. Only screwed up twice to get here...

Senica Improved View camera (8x10), Leclair 13" brass lens w/ f32 waterhouse stop & Packard shutter. About 20" extension and hoping for 1/3 second on the shutter. A bit over exposed so I suppose maybe more like 1/2 to 3/4 seconds?

Cheap HP scanner did a little auto-color jiggery pokery on the image but not that far off.

Quote Originally Posted by rwyoung View Post
    My first successful Polaroid 809 (8x10) shot. Only screwed up twice to get here...

Senica Improved View camera (8x10), Leclair 13" brass lens w/ f32 waterhouse stop & Packard shutter. About 20" extension and hoping for 1/3 second on the shutter. A bit over exposed so I suppose maybe more like 1/2 to 3/4 seconds?

Cheap HP scanner did a little auto-color jiggery pokery on the image but not that far off.
    Very cool Russ. Makes me think of Ralph Goings work:

http://www.ralphlgoings.com/

Don Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by rwyoung View Post

Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by D. Bryant View Post
    Very cool Russ. Makes me think of Ralph Goings work:

http://www.ralphlgoings.com/

Don Bryant
    Don -

I'm Rob Young. Russ and I have this same problem here, on Apug and I think at f295.org too...

Rob, Russ, Ralph, Barry and I think there is a second Rob or "Bob" floating around when you combine LF, APUG, f295 and photo.net... So far as I know, we aren't related.

It happens at the local photography club too because there is a Caroline Young in town, does some very nice floral and greenery landscape stuff. No relation either but I DO have a first cousin named Caroline Young (forget her married name). And there was another Robert Young in Lawrence who besides being a deadbeat (I got his collection calls for a while) was also sought by the local D.A.'s office as a material witness to something bad. That was an interesting conversation...