Page 259 of 355 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 3545

Thread: Flowers Anyone?

Re: Flowers Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiro Elena View Post
    There are already a few threads about scanning color negative. I imagine you scan in positive mode and invert?
    That's correct Ramiro. RAW scan in VueScan and then conversion through Color perfect Photoshop plug in. The challenge for me was getting VueScan setup correctly and then knowing the right buttons to click in Color perfect in the right order so multiple scans of same film in same light look similar. Atleast for me, Color perfect does very different things if you click the same buttons in different order.

Pali

Michael, how close to the subject are you with that 90mm raptar?!
    Almost touching the petals....

That seemed like the best combination of software Pali. When I finally decided to buy ColorPerfect I found out it cost 21% if you live in Europe and that just pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by appletree View Post
    That is great!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Quan View Post
    I like this a lot, even more than the color version because I see more detail in the flowers. To my eye the B&W has much better tonal separation in the petal, pistil and stamen detail (I had to look that up to express myself clearly).

Did you use a filter? What color and quality light did you use?
    No filter; I almost never use them. I recently posted a photo of the (embarrassingly) amateurish set-up I'm using for all these shots. (See post #255 in the Still Life 2015 thread.) It's lit from a window in my living room, sometimes covered with a white sheet. The room itself has red walls, and there is a lot of light spillage from other windows, so I think this is part of why color balancing these images it proving to be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Netsoft2k View Post
    Jonathan - really loved your last B&W image and then you posted the color which is amazing. I like both of them but prefer the color
    Thanks, Pali. I'm not sure which one I prefer. It's so shocking to see color after all these years of shooting black and white that I'm having trouble being objective about it.

Jonathan

Here's another image that I previously posted in black and white. The color balancing on this seems a bit better, maybe because the light was less diffuse and drowned out the other colors bouncing around the room.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    I recently posted a photo of the (embarrassingly) amateurish set-up I'm using for all these shots.
    Haha! You should see my set-up. THAT is embarrassing. When I saw yours I instantly though "that's so cool he has so much space behind the subject!" and light from a window! Luxury!

Quote Originally Posted by Netsoft2k View Post
    That's correct Ramiro. RAW scan in VueScan and then conversion through Color perfect Photoshop plug in. The challenge for me was getting VueScan setup correctly and then knowing the right buttons to click in Color perfect in the right order so multiple scans of same film in same light look similar. Atleast for me, Color perfect does very different things if you click the same buttons in different order.

Pali
    Yes if you care to share more details perhaps include them in an existing thread....(searching now for a thread)....well not too much luck. Information of course is out there in various threads. Some on scanning Velvia, some on black and white workflow, some with Silverfast, etc. Might be best to start a thread regarding scanning color negatives/slide film with Vuescan. Heck I will start it now.

I don't own Vuescan yet, was waiting to pull the trigger. But overall in 5ish years of scanning film, I only occasionally have rolls that look as expected (usually Velvia). Everything else often seems very muddy, or dark, or no tonal range, etc.

I think when I pick up a v700, I am going to pick up Vuescan.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    No filter; I almost never use them. I recently posted a photo of the (embarrassingly) amateurish set-up I'm using for all these shots. (See post #255 in the Still Life 2015 thread.) It's lit from a window in my living room, sometimes covered with a white sheet. The room itself has red walls, and there is a lot of light spillage from other windows, so I think this is part of why color balancing these images it proving to be difficult.

Huh, I don't know how I missed that. Anyway, thanks. I hope you keep posting the good work, I find it inspiring.
    “Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile!”
    ― Robert Doisneau”

Haha! You should see my set-up. THAT is embarrassing. When I saw yours I instantly though "that's so cool he has so much space behind the subject!" and light from a window! Luxury!
    Well, I saw yours with that nicely finished table top, your softbox, and your painted background and I thought, "Wow, what a pro set-up. Makes mine look like a ten year-old put it together." I suppose it's natural to covet that which you don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Quan View Post
    I hope you keep posting the good work, I find it inspiring.
    Thanks, Dan. That's a lovely compliment.

J.

Your outcome is amazing though. Regardless of your "ten year-old" set up!

I have a softbox/cube thing I work inside of. I need to put it in the living room where I have more natural lighting. Although I like the thought of having a backdrop and on a wood table for some depth.