Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: a professional photographer who knows lens well

Wanted: a professional photographer who knows lens well

I am doing some research about lens. I need someone to help to write an essay about large format camera lens. I need a professional photographer who know about large-format camera & lens well. Is anyone has much knowledge about large format camera lens? I specially need some kinds of information in my essay (current sales volume, view for the future sales trend, and manufactures research.) If someone can write all of these in an essay, I can pay for $50 per one page. Contact me at fluxunit.mission0202@gmail.com. Thank….

Re: Wanted: a professional photographer who knows lens well

Oh dear.... so is this coursework you can't write yourself...?

Well at least that was more polite than one of the responses on the B&S board!

Fluxunit, if you had asked people for help with the information, if you had asked for sources, figures and just general advice you would probably have been overwhelmed with help. The way you have gone about it doesn't really do credit to yourself.

In addition to the plagiaristic and unethical request, sales volumes and other market data isn't something people give away. If you want to spend $3-5.K, you'll find market research firms willing to send you their report. That ups your per-page cost considerably.
    They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea.
    -Francis Bacon

Thanks Ben R. As you mentioned above, I need some kinds of sources, figures and general advice from this forum. Is there any way to get a trend or forecast information from LF lens? I posted it because I tried to find them in several ways such as visiting library, book store, lens manufacture web-sites. However, I did not get it and I am just beginer in Large Format Camera. That is why I do not have any clue. I just need your advices and $50 is just for the advise for my research paper (essay). Thanks you...

Didn't really look like that, you wanted someone to write the thing for you for a fee...

Nobody here is going to be able to give you sales volume information and our speculation about future sales trends and "manufactures research" would be just that -complete speculation. You probably should be contacting the three manufacturers of LF lenses that are still in business and see what information they're willing to share. But I can't imagine they're going to provide you with their sales numbers. You could also contact some of the stores that sell LF lenses - for example, B&H Photo, Adorama, and Lens and Repro are all in New York - and see what they have to say.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Try Bob Soloman at HP marketing. he is a frequent contributer here.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Terence

Last year Schneider sold 7 lenses. Rodenstock sold 11. Fuji sold 19, but two were returned.

Next year they will sell 12, 9 and 11, respectively.

Schneider is researching Gallification, which is the ability for a lens to produce no actual focused image, but allows it to double in value when it is located in Nevada.

Rodenstock is researching short focal length lenses with infinite coverage.

Fuji is forgoing research in favor of their "taking back bokeh" campaign, in which they promote the use of the term bokeh only by native Japanese speakers.

You can leave the $50 under the mailbox on the northeast corner of 42nd St and 6th Ave.

Terence McDonagh...Thanks. I really appreciate. I can give $50 in person. If you have time, let's meet in Bryant Park to have a coffee time. It is my pleasure.