Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LF users...getting acquainted

LF users...getting acquainted

Looks like LF photographers have a large sense of humor too! That would be nice , Danny!

A chance for a date with Trib?

That's a good idea, but to implement it properly would require some significant DB programming. Or does anybody know a site which would outsource such an utility ? On the other hand, it would be fairly easy to create a semi-dynamic page where you can append your data. Searching would be by browsing the page, and for changes/deletions, you'd have to email me.

Sean and I met when I was working in Chicago. Great guy, but ditto on "no dates"! :-)

I really like the idea of a get acquainted section. It shouldn't be too difficult to have a listing spot. It could be broken down by states or areas after enough names are gathered. Great idea. My wife nixed the idea of a dating service, darn it. Still, if there is a beautiful lady photographer out there 40-50 years old with a Linhof Master and full compement of lenses, please send picture of camera.

Oh c'mon guys! What if I shave? My legs too?

I'm glad my idea has been well-received. Now to implement it...Tuan has indicated that it could be quite involved to create DB programming for such a site. Perhaps it would be simpler to involve a 2-part approach: one part being the "semi-dynamic" page featuring long-term content of information about ourselves, for which we e-mail Tuan with additions or changes. I'd like to see this organized by state, province, etc. for easy searching by region. The other part could be an interactive column, such as this column to which we post daily, but devoted to trip planning. For example, let's say that I want to make a trip to Lake Superior for three days of fall shooting. I post a message to the "interactive column", and others who have an interest can reply either to that column, or directly to me.

Tuan, does this sound like a workable solution? Again, opinions/suggestions from anyone?

Have you ever considered just joining your local camera club?

I spent an entire weekend in Indiannapolis, and Sean blew me off. Maybe I should consider myself lucky!

Er, Indianapolis.