Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5x7 Film Bulk Purchase Thoughts

5x7 Film Bulk Purchase Thoughts

I am working on several alternatives to make a bulk purchase of 5x7 Fuji Film direct from Japan. In order for this to happen there will need to be enough interest to cover the cost of at least 50 boxes (20 sheets per box) and more likely 100 boxes for a minimum order. Weather I will do this direct or through a dealer reamins to be seen. Details when I have some pricing ideas that make some sense. For ballparking assume it will cost in the range of $100 a box + shipping delivered to you. Hopefully, less than that but it won't get much lower.

I'd like to hear how many boxes of what type of film might be spoken for if we could something together. Assume that Provia, Velvia, Velvia 100 can all be aprt of the mix and possibly 160NC, Astia and Acros as well. Finally, if you are interested, would you be willing to pay up front?

Re: 5x7 Film Bulk Purchase Thoughts

Ted,
    An interesting proposition. I just bought two boxes of 5x7 Provia from Badger so I am relatively well stocked - for now. However, depending on timing, I'd likely order a couple more boxes. I'd be willing to work it 50% up front and the other 50% upon shipment.

Brad.

Hi Ted,

Since I'm able to order as much Ilford & Kodak B&W as I need from Rob Skeoch (www.bigcamera.com) up here in Canada I'm fixed for that end of things.

However, since he can't order Fuji films... I'd be interested in some Provia and, perhaps, Acros (I've not shot Acros before but have always wondered about it. )

Long story short... I purchased some from Jeff at Badger Graphics a short while ago but I'd still be prepared to consider 3 boxes of Provia and 2 boxes of Acros (and perhaps more depending on what the price will be.)

Secondly, how will this be handled going across the border to Canada?

Thanks for organizing this Ted... I wish you the best of luck.

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

To the best of my knowledge, Acros is not now nor has it ever been manufactured in 5x7. Someone please correct that if it's wrong.

I have a great interest in 5x7” color negative film either Portra 160 NC or
    Fuji 160 Pro S and would want to buy 100 to 200 sheets depending on the price.
    I would also like to help promoting sales of such a film if available.
    Up front payment would not be a problem

I would go for two boxes of Velvia 50.

Thanks for the response so far. BTW, I do not intend to compete with Jeff at Badger and if this gains any momentum will just turn it over to him. He and I spoke briefly about such a possibiliy several months ago. Jim at Midwest is also a possibility.

I will continue to see how the count goes and see if we really have anything approaching "critical mass."

I would also be interested in some Velvia. Too bad it isn't available in the ISO 50 (yet). I would probably do a max of 2 boxes if it was $100 a box.

I have nerver used color sheet films before. I think I can try a few boxes if you need to reach a goal.

I'd be very interested in at least 100 sheets of colour film, ideally Fuji 160S.