Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NYC Central Park Get Together

Scott Davis

Re: NYC Central Park Get Together

Quote Originally Posted by alec4444 View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. Guess we'd better figure that out soon. Could run the same itinerary as before.....though our food options are a bit larger this time of year.

When we nail the time & location for the meetup I'll broadcast a note on the northeastlf mailing list.

--A
    Please post it here as well- not everyone who is interested in attending this event is on that mailing list.

I'm a tentative if I can get a little work coverage. I'm a rank newbie but I would certainly gain from some quiet observation.

JT

I was thinking Sunday August 5th at the Belvedere Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Tardiff View Post
    I'm a tentative if I can get a little work coverage. I'm a rank newbie but I would certainly gain from some quiet observation.

JT
    jt.

definitly come and bring your camera if you have one. it is a great time to see everyones stuff and to talk LF!

it was davids idea so lets meet where he wants to. i am in. keep the posts coming both here and the other mailing list.....my memory is bad these days.

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Scott Davis

With a bit of luck and timing, I might have my 11x14 to bring with. I'll have to see how heavy it is (it should arrive sometime this week). For even bigger giggles, I'll be trying out dry-plate with it. Could be VERY interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by davidbram View Post
    I was thinking Sunday August 5th at the Belvedere Castle.
    Sure. Time? Last time we met at 9:00am. We probably should have stuck around for a few mins more because we missed (but later caught up with) some people that came in around 9:20. Was early February, though, so we wanted to keep moving to keep warm! Later on that day we had arranged another meeting spot at 11:00am to catch up with the people that came from further away. That worked out well, and we gained some more folks.

Scott, definitely bring the 11x14! Which model is it? The new luggage cart I ordered for mine came in the mail this week and it looks like it'll be great. I'll still have to carry the tripod by hand, but that's ok. Was easy to get my stuff around last time, with the possible exception of (hahaha) all the steps at Belvedere Castle! But even then I made it.

Cheers!
    --A

Scott Davis

the 11x14 is a Folmer & Schwing. Big beast- takes a 9" lensboard. It was quite the deal - camera, three holders, a triple-convertible Rapid Rectilinear, and the original F&S carrying case, in exchange for an Xpan.

If you bring that, Scott, bring a couple extra lens boards for Copal 3. I have a new (to me) 355 G Claron and a Nikon 450M I'd be willing to share. And if you have a board that'll take a Compound #5 shutter I have a usable 360 f5.6 Symmar convertible.

You got that for an Xpan? That is a deal!

--A

Hey Guys,
    I just learned that I can't get into NYC until Sunday night, so I can't make the gathering.

Sorry.

Errrr, that's a bummer....sorry to hear that, David. Is everyone else still game? Anyone care to move this to Saturday 8/4? Saturdays have always been better for me - gives my sore body a chance to heal on Sunday.... I'm game on either date, though.

--A