Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A big hello from Canada

A big hello from Canada

Hello everybody, this seems like a tight enough community that introductions are important, so here I go.

My name is Dan. I am 24 years old and fix computers for a living (worst job ever) I primarily shoot on an olympus om1 and love film to death. I've always found large format interesting but shied away as they were intimidating. Now that film is almost dead, I figured it was now or never so I picked up a crown graphic and here I am for the random snippets of advice I am sure I will be begging for in the near future. See you around the forums!

Re: A big hello from Canada

Welcome from the south. I've enjoyed every chance I get to photograph in Canada.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Welcome to large format. Where are you from in Canada?

Welcome to both LF and the forum, Dan.

Welcome from Vancouver, Dan; glad to have you here, Regards, Uri

Welcome Dan! I love 'tight community'. It reminded me of a comment often made by 2 homophobic Caribbean males to describe their friendship, "We tight, but we doh jam-up". Ya, well, welcome anyway.

Welcome aboard! Film Lives!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

I hail from a black hole east of Toronto named Peterborough in Ontario. I can't tell you how relieved I am to find such a bustling community of film lovers. by the looks of things, I am the youngest and most inexperienced person here, so naturally I have the most to gain from this forum, heh

Welcome Dan to an awesome forum and to the world of LF. You have found the best resource for LF information on the internet. There are a lot of talented individuals here who are more than willing to pass along their knowledge.

It is indeed a small world. My wife is from Peterborough and both of us attended Trent University for our undergraduate work, then on to Queens U for grad work. My first job after graduating from Queens was with Ray March back at Trent. He got me hooked on Mass Spectrometry and life has never been the same.....did a lot of bird photography when I was living in Peterborough, not so much landscape. However, the few times I went out for landscape work, the Petroglyphs were a terrific area (but I was always distracted by those Gray Jays). I'm new to LF as well and was hoping to re-visit the Petroglyphs this fall with a new perspective. If your interested, send me your coordinates and the next time I'm down that way visiting the in-laws we could hook up for a shoot.

Cheers,

Jeff

Now that film is almost dead,
    oooh, don't say that. Them's fightin' words. Choices of film are better than ever.
    Welcome! from a fellow Canuck.