Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: Heliar Picture Post

  1. #41

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    8,365

    Re: Heliar Picture Post

    Quote Originally Posted by OMU View Post
    Hello, I have a Heliar 36cm f 4,5.
    I want to order a flange to this lens. Unfortunately I’m not a mechanic... can anybody tell me how I can find the correct diameter and TPI for this lens.
    Thanks!

    Best regards
    OMU
    I had a 360mm Heliar briefly a few years ago and visited a local machine shop to have a flange made for my specific lens board.

    I found someone who would do the work after-hours on his own schedule, so he charged a reasonable price.

    I brought the lens and board and left them with him. No problem.

    Another option is some custom machining from SK Grimes.

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    98

    Re: Heliar Picture Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post
    I had a 360mm Heliar briefly a few years ago and visited a local machine shop to have a flange made for my specific lens board.

    I found someone who would do the work after-hours on his own schedule, so he charged a reasonable price.

    I brought the lens and board and left them with him. No problem.

    Another option is some custom machining from SK Grimes.
    Hello and thanks for your ansver. Iíl go for a local repair shop:-)

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Pennock, MN
    Posts
    46

    Re: Heliar Picture Post

    8x10 Kodak 2d w/14” Heliar @f4.5Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D22D5AE8-A82C-47D7-9555-4A532A037140.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	201396

  4. #44
    Steven Ruttenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    2,303

    Re: Heliar Picture Post

    I like the motorcycle. Just the way the image looks is excellent.

  5. #45
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,578

    Re: Heliar Picture Post

    Nice! 68 or 69 BSA Lightning with OE 'Western' bars. Eastern were lower

    My 1967 was posted recently in tiny format


    Quote Originally Posted by DMS206 View Post
    8x10 Kodak 2d w/14” Heliar @f4.5Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D22D5AE8-A82C-47D7-9555-4A532A037140.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	201396
    sin eater

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oxfordshire UK
    Posts
    1,022

    Re: Heliar Picture Post

    Like this one a lot, great stuff

    regards

    Andrew

  7. #47

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Pennock, MN
    Posts
    46

    Re: Heliar Picture Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Nice! 68 or 69 BSA Lightning with OE 'Western' bars. Eastern were lower

    My 1967 was posted recently in tiny format
    Thanks, it is a 68 lightning. I bought it in 1971
    Dave

  8. #48
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,578

    Re: Heliar Picture Post

    I have had many Brit bikes, First a complete paint and overhaul with me lady Bonnie Matchless G15 in 1971, then 5 Nortons, 2 BSA, BMW an endless amount of bikes

    Quote Originally Posted by DMS206 View Post
    Thanks, it is a 68 lightning. I bought it in 1971
    Dave
    sin eater

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Pennock, MN
    Posts
    46

    Re: Heliar Picture Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Plume View Post
    Like this one a lot, great stuff

    regards

    Andrew
    Thanks,
    Dave

  10. #50

    Re: Heliar Picture Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Cole View Post
    Wonderful, comfortable.
    Very good set, glad to be here in the Forum. The pictures look nice into the black and white across the whole frame!

Similar Threads

  1. I thought I'd try and start a picture post.
    By scrichton in forum On Photography
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 7-Sep-2008, 22:43
  2. <warning> Fuzzy Picture Post </warning>
    By Jim Galli in forum On Photography
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 4-May-2007, 00:51
  3. It's gone! New picture post
    By Pete Skerys in forum On Photography
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-Apr-2007, 21:43
  4. How About A New Picture Post?
    By Andrew O'Neill in forum On Photography
    Replies: 218
    Last Post: 1-Mar-2007, 20:13
  5. how about a picture post?
    By Daniel Otranto in forum On Photography
    Replies: 213
    Last Post: 25-Nov-2006, 09:53

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •