Thread: Jobo 3005 and Stand Processing

Jobo 3005 and Stand Processing

I know it isn't designed for this, but could a Jobo 3005 be used for stand processing 8x10 or would the film streak?
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Re: Jobo 3005 and Stand Processing

I've used my 3006 for semi-stand with XTOL 1:3, Pyrocat HD 1:100, and Rodinal 1:100. Continuous agitation for the first minute, then 10 seconds every 3 minutes.

I always had perfectly even development.

To agitate, I rolled it back and forth on the countertop. I plugged the hole with the rubber stopper from the pump, and plugged the hole in the stopper with a felt pen.

I love the results, but at 2800 ml a shot, it's a bit too much chemistry for regular usage.

So you had to fill the tank completely to make it effective? Ive never tried this method, but I use a cpp2 and expert tanks for development- I always just assumed that stand development would turn out uneven

Quote Originally Posted by Jrewt View Post
    So you had to fill the tank completely to make it effective? Ive never tried this method, but I use a cpp2 and expert tanks for development- I always just assumed that stand development would turn out uneven
    I fill it sufficiently to cover the top of the sheets.

I didn't experiment with longer periods between agitations because I was worried about uneven development. I was also concerned about air-bells, but so far have not encountered any problems.

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

Don't use one-shot developers. Use the developer according to its capacity data. Xtol stock lasts for a long time, with modified development times.