Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repair for Minolta Flashmeter IV?

Re: Repair for Minolta Flashmeter IV?

Thanks for the update. I am glad you were able to get it up and running again.

I wish more people would finish their threads with the real world conclusion. Thanks again Zone III.

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by ZoneIII View Post
    This is for anyone who has a meter, especially and obsolete Minolta Meter that they need to have repaired. I contacted Quality Light Metric as suggested above and the service I received was absolutely amazing. I sent it via USPS two days ago. I just received a call from QLM that the meter is done and is as good as new. That's within about 48 hours of when I mailed it to them from Chicago! Amazing! Not only that, but their price was very reasonable. In fact, it was less than 1/2 of the minimum rate that another place quoted me but that placed made it clear that it very well could run much higher than that. In addition, that place demanded a credit card number before they would even look at the meter and, from their response, I am not even sure that they could repair the meter.

Thanks to those that recommended QLM here. QLM will get my business for all repairs that I need in the future if they can do them. I am absolutely delighted with their service.
    Hello....I know this post is very old. Did you ever find out how they repaired your meter. I have the same issue. Appears the inner washer is missing on my incident dome to push small pin.

I was googling this, and found this site (Transcat) that does light meter calibration. The Minolta light meters are included in their list of instruments calibrated.

https://www.transcat.com/calibration...libration-labs

I have no idea how good these folks are, or how expensive it is. Does anyone have experience dealing with them?

It's interesting how they list Minolta, but not Gossen, Sekonic, and other common brands for photographers. It makes me think they only deal with the newer Minolta meters.

I'm guessing they are doing calibrations of industrial light meters rather than photographic light meters. They would need schematics for the potentiometers and their range, so if they have access to the Minolta industrial meter info they may also have access to the photographic meter calibration info.