I would be interested to hear opinions on which 2x3 view camera is best suited f or travelling lightly, e.g. longer backpacking trips. I have been hauling a 4x5 Linhof Super Technika V around in the past, but I am beginning to get too old t o carry this outfit. One of the bigger problems for me has been to carry enough film - 60 sheets of readyloads + holder take up a lot of space compared to roll film. Anyway, the camera should have the following features:

1. Ability to accept high quality (re. film flatness) roll film backs in 6x7 or 6x9 format.

2. adequate front and back movements for landscape photography with lenses down to 65mm (eliminates most medium format cameras, including my Rollei SL66; as mu ch as I like it for "faster" shooting, the tilt feature it has is often not suff icient for my purposes).

3. adequate bellows draw for lenses up to 210mm.

4. compact size, reasonably light weight and easy set up of the camera would be a big plus.

5. the camera needs to be robust, rigid and reliable.

6. I already own more cameras than I can afford, so price is a concern (this el iminates, for example, a new Baby Linhof, but I don't mind looking for used equi pment).

From what I have found out so far, the Horseman VH(R), "Baby Linhofs", Arca Swis s 6x9 FC, and Canham DLC (with roll film back) all meet my criteria to some exte nt. I got some very nice information reading some of the reviews posted on the net, but could not find much direct comparison that would make my decision easie r. Therefore, I would welcome anybodys' comments on the relative merits of thes e different models, or any suggestions for alternatives. Thanks in advance to e verybody taking their time to respond.