First off, I have a dedicated darkroom; one that I only use as a darkroom. If yo u don't have that luxury, then you need a place that can be "sealed off" from as much air borne debris as possible. Then all you need is a taut line and some cl othes pins. If you can dedicate a spot to dry film, just run the line throught t he center of the spring and attach it at either end to the wall. WARNIG! WARNING! WARNING! Donot hang the negatives to close together. As they dry they curl, and the negatives can touch , drying the emulsion of one negative to the back of the other, creating one negative out of two, and ruining both. I han g my negatives by the notch corner, and I have found no need to use a wetting aj ent with any film larger than 35mm. In my case it tends to make the negatives di rtier, and I personally, have never had a water spot on a 4X5 or 8X10 negative, when I hang them in this manner. Once you hang the last negative to dry, get out of the room and don't come back until they are dry. The biggest cause of dust i s movement, and the less movement the less dust.