Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fuji Velvia 50 Mk II

Re: Fuji Velvia 50 Mk II

So what do I do with the 27 boxes of 50-sheet Velvia 4x5 that are already in my fridge, then? (Keeping my 1972 Panatomic X company, may I add.) I always return from an overseas flight to find that my wife has sneaked more food into the fridge. I'd always assumed that at our age the fridge was for film. Kodak Rochester warned me recently that fridge or freezer storage won't block the effects of gamma radiation; I replied that after 41 years of international flying I've probably absorbed enough radiation not to need the light on in the bathroom! When I bought fresh Astia recently,
    our son commented "Hey Dad, you're going to have to wait 2 years to shoot this stuff".

Quote Originally Posted by Uri Kolet View Post
    So what do I do with the 27 boxes of 50-sheet Velvia 4x5 that are already in my fridge, then? (Keeping my 1972 Panatomic X company, may I add.) I always return from an overseas flight to find that my wife has sneaked more food into the fridge. I'd always assumed that at our age the fridge was for film. Kodak Rochester warned me recently that fridge or freezer storage won't block the effects of gamma radiation; I replied that after 41 years of international flying I've probably absorbed enough radiation not to need the light on in the bathroom! When I bought fresh Astia recently,
    our son commented "Hey Dad, you're going to have to wait 2 years to shoot this stuff".
    So when are you coming back to Hawaii? It would be great to have lunch again, and talk photography.

I think the fact that Fuji brought this film back is a good sign.

It seems the film users keep befudling (SP?) the film manufacturers!!

This is a good thing.

steve simmons
    www.viewcamera.com

Well, I used up all the Velvia 50 I could find in Montreal so contacted Jim at Midwest today to try and get some more. They have already sold out their first shipment. Looks like Fuji has a winner (as if there was any doubt), lets just hope they can keep all of us landscape photographers supplied for the upcoming fall season. If not, it's back to E100VS.

Received some of the "new" Velvia 50 today from Badger Graphics. They have only the quickloads in 4x5; they are still waiting on boxed 4x5. Give Jeff a call. Best price on the quickloads I have seen. Planning on getting out soon and see how this compares to the old Velvia 50.
    Best, Vance Gese

Quote Originally Posted by Uri Kolet View Post
    lol