Thread: Deardorff repair service

Deardorff repair service

Some years ago I sent Mr. Ken Hough (Photographic Repair Service) three 8x10 to 4x5 Deardorff lensboard adaptors,for free. I had no use for them, Mr. Hough expr essed thanks and offered his services if I ever needed them.

More than three months ago I sent Mr. Hough my Deardorff 4x5 Special(Graflock) b ack for a minor adjustment to the ground glas position ("very minor, hardly worh t the trouble"-Mr. Hough). The back still has not been returned to me. My inquiries(email to k4sb@niia.net and tel 219 464-7526) are left unanswered.

I'd appreciate any comments/suggestions, I'll post a follow-up if and when appro priate

Deardorff repair service

It appears that Mr. Hough is an honest and talanted man. As so often the case, because his work is in great demand he has taken on more than he can do, especially as he is slowing down some as he gets older. It would seem that he is justifably embarrassed by this problem and rather than face up to the individuals whose repairs are long overude, he simply avoids contact, no doubt with good intentions of finishing their jobs in the near future. You will eventually get your back back, but a friendly, understanding letter (not complaining nor threatening) every week or so might help speed it up for you. I am giving this to you third hand from someone who had a similar experience, and may need to use his services again.

Deardorff repair service

hans you can email me privately i have quite a story!

Deardorff repair service

This problem was resolved amicably last week. It proves we are all human-which is not always easy, the mix doesn't always work out right away despite our expectations. But it's helps to put in a little effort, at both ends.