Thread: Ciba Machine?

Ciba Machine?

Hi All,

A former student put me in touch with a lady who's clearing out her late father's stuff.
    She has a Kenro Copy Camera, some monster of a film processing machine, and a Ciba Copier. The processor is partially apart, but the Kenro and the Ciba look to be in good shape.

I see white elephant all over them, but before I advise her to chuck the stuff, I thought I'd check with you all to see if there might be a market.

I suggested craigslist or ebay with no reserve to see what happens but she just wants the stuff gone. Needs the space.

TIA

Old School Wayne

Re: Ciba Machine?

What kind of copier is it? What does it copy? I'm drawing a blank, but it may be before my time.

The monster of a processing machine MIGHT have value, what kind is it?

Wayne

Hi Wayne.

I found my notebook. It's a Cibacopy CC-120.
    It made nice quality prints from whatever you put on the scanner.
    Sort of a giant Xerox machine that produced photo prints.

The Kenro is what I would describe as a vertical copy camera (I saw one decribed as a litho ccopier). It's a 2600 model and has a vacuum back for film over a lens and a pair of lights.

She also has an Omega D2.

I didn't see a make and model on the processor but if there's any real interest I'll see if I can get more info and pics. I'd say the Cibacopy and the processor are maybe 10' long or so and no doubt heavy. Pick up only in Southern Orange County, New York.

She just wants to find a home for the stuff as it meant something to her dad but she has to move it fast.

Old School Wayne

I wouldnt be interested in any of these things, I'm a long way from NY. I was just curious if the processor was a Cibachrome processor like the ICP-42, in which case someone would certainly want it. I already have one though I need some parts. I thought the copier might actually be something else. I dont think theres much market for that. I dont know anything about the Kenro, but maybe it has a salvageable lens on it.

The D2 is probably worth something to someone if it works, though it may not be high in cash value. I havent priced em in a few years.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne. That's about what I thought too.

I'll post again if I can find out what the processor is. Since the covers are off it, there was no obvious make, etcetera. Just a collection of chains on rollers with reservoirs for chemicals. She said her dad got it going before he died.

Old School Wayne

If its an ICP, it will say so on the gray plastic covers

Wayne