Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ilford ULF Deadline Rapidly Approaching

Ilford ULF Deadline Rapidly Approaching

Fellow ULF (and other non-standard format) Shooters,

The deadline for the current Ilford ULF special order program is rapidly approaching. The orders from the dealers to the distributor are due by the end of the business day this Friday 3/2/07. In order to give your dealer time to process your order and forward it on to the distributor, it is recommended that you place your order by EOD, Thursday 3/1/07 - that's TOMORROW!

This special order program has not received nearly the same level of discussion as the initial offering last year. Perhaps we have become spoiled and are taking the future availabity of ULF and special size films for granted. I strongly urge otherwise. This is a once a year, at best, event. With the recent closing of the Forte plant, and J&C on extended hiatus we need to send a clear mesage to Ilford, and other ULF and potential ULF producers, that there is a viable market for ULF film. Better yet, let's show them the market is vibrant and growing. Time to speak with our collective wallets. If we want these products to be availbale in the future, we need to support the manufacturers today.

I have no financial interest in this special order program. I'm just a fellow ULF photographer who wants to remind you that the deadline is near, the clock is ticking and the time to call your dealer and place your order is now. Here's a list of participating dealers (in alphabetic order):

Big Camera Workshops (Canada)
    Badger Graphic Sales
    B&H Photo & Video
    Freestyle Sales
    Glazers (Seattle)
    Keeble & Shuchat Photography
    The View Camera Store
    W.B.Hunt

Note: As this is a special ordfer program, not all dealers have the products and prices listed on their web sites. It is best to call them for details.

For a complete list of sizes, product codes and suggested retail prices, see this thread on APUG.

Kerry

Re: Ilford ULF Deadline Rapidly Approaching

Has anyone else tried to order any 4x10 Ilford film? I called a dealer about 1/2 an hour ago and they still didn't have the product codes for the 4x10 film. I'd planned to order some, but need the product code for 4x10 FP4+. I've sent a request to Simon Galley at Ilford/Harmon. If I get a response, I'll post the 4x10 product codes here.

Kerry

Kerry - if you have trouble reaching Simon Galley quickly, you might try calling Eric Luden at Harman's US office. Perhaps he'll have the code, or if not, can tell you what to do to make sure the order gets entered.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Kerry - if you have trouble reaching Simon Galley quickly, you might try calling Eric Luden at Harman's US office. Perhaps he'll have the code, or if not, can tell you what to do to make sure the order gets entered.
    Oren,

Thanks. If I don't hear back from Simon by tomorrow morning, I'll give Eric Luden a call.

Kerry

I've done my ordering all through automated 'add to basket' and so forth....I wonder if I should speak to a human?

Is Ilford doing this once or twice per year? I'll have to save up for the next run.

Incidentally, does anyone know why 11x14 HP5 is not on the list? Are they continuing regular production of that?

Cheers!
    --A

I'm fairly sure that 11x14" HP5 is a regular production item.

Alec -

11x14 HP5+ is a regular stock item.

As for the interval, it looks as though they've settled into a yearly schedule, although if not enough people order this time conceivably they'll extend it further. Remember, what's special about these order periods is that they're willing to put the dealers and distributor through the hassle of aggregating smaller orders on our behalf, rather than forcing us to go to the trouble of organizing a group on our own to meet a large MOQ for each size wanted. If there aren't enough smaller orders to combine, it doesn't work.

I'm still waiting for the 4x10 product codes. In a private correspondence with Simon Galley of Ilford/Harman, I was promised the 4x10 product codes by tomorrow afternoon - which is cutting it VERY close to the deadline. Wynit says they must receive orders from their dealers by end of business tomorrow Friday 3/2/07 - which I assume is 5:00pm EST, 2:00pm PST.

Is anyone else interested in 4x10 Ilford film? I'd hate to think I'm the only one. I'm prepared to order some 4x10 FP4+ once I get the products codes, but I'm afraid unless there are other 4x10 orders Ilford won't find it worth their while to cut and package 4x10 film this time around.

In case anyone else is interested, I'll post the 4x10 product codes here as soon as I get them.

Kerry

I've also been wondering, if your size doesn't make the cut (so to speak!) do you get a chance to request an alternate?

-crap, just heard from Dennis@ View Camera Store and he doubts it. Well, I wont be sleeping for a few days...