Thread: Sources for matboard in Los Angeles

Sources for matboard in Los Angeles

Does anyone have any recommendations for a source of matboard in bulk quantitly and large size in the Los Angeles area? I'd like to avoid shipping if possible. Thanks.

Re: Sources for matboard in Los Angeles

Try FreeStyle Photo on Sunset, Aaron Bros (many locations), Dick Blick Art Supplies (Pasadena & Studio City, probably your best bet for size and bulk)...

I'd bet you can get it shipped in bulk for WAY less (including shipping) than those possibilities... though I'd love to hear your numbers. I know... I HAVE AN IDEA... tell me what numbers you get through those sources... and I'll see what I can get online... if I'm not being too presumptuous here... I mention this because I'm in the same area and am faced with the same dilemma...

you might try McManus & Morgan on 7th St in the Mid-Wilshire area if they're still open. I'd cash & carry though...they're on the edge.

Dave Karp

Valley Moulding. It is in either Burbank or N. Hollywood.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I'll try looking into these possibilities. Cost is a primary consideration but another reason I'm wary of shipping is that I have a terrible time even getting rolls of inkjet paper shipped that aren't dinged and so I can easily imagine big boxes of matboard arriving with damaged corners. Maybe I'd be surprised, I don't know.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a source of matboard in bulk quantitly and large size in the Los Angeles area? I'd like to avoid shipping if possible. Thanks.

What about California in general? I frequent LA and would be interested too as to the LA area.

Quote Originally Posted by Turner Reich View Post

What about California in general? I frequent LA and would be interested too as to the LA area.
    I second Valley Moulding. http://www.valleymoulding.com/

I looked into several for bulk ordering and it turned out they supply some of the others, like Kaali Distributing..

They carry Artcare® Alphamat in all plys, and will deliver free with an order of $50 or more. I do think the free delivery is area dependant, so call first.

Their guy showed up in a large van and everything was in good shape. I ordered a case of 8 ply, a case of 4 ply mount and a case of artcare foamboard.

IIR, the 4 ply Alphamat was about $7.15 per sheet, where the 8 Ply was about $24+ per sheet.
    The alpha foamboard around $3-4 per sheet. All 32x40 size.

I even contacted Nielson Bainbridge about becoming a distributor, but not a word back..

Forgot to mention they delivered to me from their Anaheim Store, which is about a 40 minute drive sans traffic, so that's pretty good delivery area.
    Last edited by matthew blais; 23-Feb-2007 at 09:28. Reason: forgot to add...
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site