Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E6 Processing 5x4, Las Vegas

E6 Processing 5x4, Las Vegas

Ok, I know this has come up before, as I've read every thread on every forum I can find. Most of them are maybe 6 years old, and the information is well out of date. I've done all my research, but not come up with an answer...

I'm from the UK and I'm going travelling around the Southwest for 4 weeks; by the end, I expect (hope) to have a good deal of transparencies. I need to get these processed whilst in Las Vegas, or certainly before I fly again.

I cannot find anywhere in Las Vegas which does E6 5x4 processing, the closest is Michael's who do E6 but don't do 5x4. Does anybody know of anywhere in the area?

If I cannot find anywhere, I will have to send them to a lab somewhere else. I've seen Calypso mentioned a few times on here, and they seem like a good place to send my chromes, fast turnaround etc., good quality. I am worried however that my film will be x-rayed by Fed-Ex en-route. How do you send your transparencies through the postals systems? Do Fed-Ex etc xray your film?

Re: E6 Processing 5x4, Las Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by DJoy View Post
    If I cannot find anywhere, I will have to send them to a lab somewhere else. I've seen Calypso mentioned a few times on here, and they seem like a good place to send my chromes, fast turnaround etc., good quality. I am worried however that my film will be x-rayed by Fed-Ex en-route. How do you send your transparencies through the postals systems? Do Fed-Ex etc xray your film?
    I use Calypso all the time, and I send all my film to them via the US Post Office (either express or priority mail). I've never had a problem with the mail. It is my understanding that FedEx doesn't use xray - the USPS uses FedEx airplanes to ship its priority and express mail from Hawaii.

Casey's is the place to buy sheet film in Vegas (or at least it was last time I was there--I'm going again in March). They can probably tell you where to process it.

I used these people in Las Vegas a couple of years ago while shooting in the Zion area. They did a good job and were great to work with.

http://www.iqfotolab.com/

Preston Birdwell

Get in touch with A and I in Los Angeles. They do all of my 4x5 and 6x4.5 chromes. Their service is excellent, and the preocessing has always been consistent.

http://www.aandi.com/

I hope you enjoy your trip to the Western US!

-PB
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

IQ Foto Lab is located at 3541 S Valley View Blvd. Valley View Blvd is the first main road west of, and parallel to, the I 15. Use the Spring Mountain Rd exit west and turn left, or south on Valley View and it's on the right. It's easy to get to. The lab is just south of Spring Mtn Rd on the rigtht side (west side) of the street (Valley View). To park turn right into the little side street named Vanessa which is row of small industrial shops and there's ample parking.

Tel: 702-204-8311 Fax: 702-889-6296

I'm not affiliated with them, just happy with the excellent results.

IQ photo labs number is 702-880-3686 not 702-204-8311. Oops

There is a lab on I think Industrial Drive near Sahara and the Strip which I used 2 years ago. They turned 4x5 E6 sheets around in 2 hours..Evan Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Get in touch with A and I in Los Angeles. They do all of my 4x5 and 6x4.5 chromes. Their service is excellent, and the preocessing has always been consistent.

http://www.aandi.com/

I hope you enjoy your trip to the Western US!

-PB
    Have you tried Calypso? They are much closer to you, much cheaper, and have excellent service as well.

Preston Birdwell

Thanks for the info, Robert. I'll take a look.

-PB
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."