Thread: Satin Snowstorm on the way!

Satin Snowstorm on the way!

Just received USPS notification that my 4x5 and 5x7 Satin Snow ground glass is on it's way from Dave Parker!

Just so you can gauge when you may receive yours, mine were ordered in September. The demand for the glass is so great that the wait is 5 months now. All through that time I've communicated with Mr. Parker once or twice. He has responded to my e-mails immediately, with great politeness and valuable information. I have no complaints, on the contrary, I have great appreciation for the way he conducts his business...

I smoke a pipe, so I appreciate his warning that his glass is hand-made in a smoking environment. I will be sure to take a good whiff before I install it in my cameras!

Re: Satin Snowstorm on the way!

Hi Rafael,

Thanks, There should be quite a few that received notification the last couple of days, been burning the candle at both ends and have shipped out a lot of orders the last couple of days, I am trying very hard to get retail customers orders out, because I have several company orders to do as well and these orders are for hundreds of pieces.

Thanks again, we are trying..

Dave

I have to admit that I have 2 sheets of Satin Snow for each of my LF cameras, but Dave must be one of the best sources of information on the health of large format photography....afterall, nobody buys GG for a camera they don't actually use.

How about it Dave, could you share some statistics on the health of large format? If you don't want to, I understand, but just out of curiosity it would be interesting to find out how many NEW large format cameras are scheduled for production in the near future

John,

Based on my sales, I would gauge the state of the industry to be pretty good right now, there is basically two of us in the US that sell the majority of the ground glass for cameras and by the looks of the other ones sales on ebay(I no longer sell on ebay) he is quite busy as well, so I can only guess that either people are breaking a hell of a lot screens, or they are becoming more aware that there are regular ground glass products out there that will improve their ability to focus. As far as companies, my big orders are mostly for replacement glass for models already in the market, but I am currently negotiating with a company in Europe for one of the newer models of cameras.. But again, I would say the industry is in good shape, despite what some might have you believe.

Dave

Dave, I received my screen too in the UK; 5 months seems to be the standard time for any new order !

In any case, it arrived safely and was on the Crown Graphic in about 45 seconds Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by buze View Post
    Dave, I received my screen too in the UK; 5 months seems to be the standard time for any new order !

In any case, it arrived safely and was on the Crown Graphic in about 45 seconds Thanks!
    Thanks Buze,

Glad to hear it arrived okay, we are trying to get faster, but I am very finiky about quality and with the amount of orders we take, there is only my wife and I doing production, fitting, packaging and shipping, and I happen to live in an area that nobody actually picks up at the house here, so I have to drive to town 15 miles one way each day, the logistics of living in Montana, in the winter, can be a challenge! But I love it.

Anyway, glad to hear it arrived okay.

Thanks again.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the update on the state of LF photography,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    Hi Rafael,

Thanks, There should be quite a few that received notification the last couple of days, been burning the candle at both ends and have shipped out a lot of orders the last couple of days, I am trying very hard to get retail customers orders out, because I have several company orders to do as well and these orders are for hundreds of pieces.

Thanks again, we are trying..

Dave

Presidents Day delayed the arrival, but the glass got here today! Wow! It's installed in both the 4x5 and the 5x7 backs and it's soooo nice! Thanks, Dave.

Rafael