Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: put your question to the wfpamembers@onelist.com

put your question to the wfpamembers@onelist.com

I was visitor #5905.

Our door is always open. Come and visit. BTW, your probably visitor #5905... today.

I just visited your site and frankly I came away with the kind of feeling you get after you just ate and paid for dinner but are still hungry and wondering what the point of it all was. I guess I'm having trouble comparing your site as it seems to be trying to sell me something????. This LFP site is hands down the best source for the exchange of information and ideas for Large Format Photography, and its free. I will keep watching your site however, as you never know.......

This is a great site that I visit often although I don't own a 4x5 and shoot mostly 35mm and 6x7 MF. A lot of info here is applicable across all formats!

Been following this thread and this site is quite different in set-up that comparisons are hard to make. The WFPA site got a refined touch in design and shows photo's and info and offers the same possibilities as this site re questions and forums. Navigation is "harder" which is something we might like to improve. I feel both sites offer different things to different people, I will have a cruise now on your (this) site and let you know what my impressions are!

To answer Tuan's question near the top. You receive a lot of e-mail and when the topic is intersting that is ok. I was part of another LF mail list and sometimes it would two people communicating way too much. On a couple of occasions I had received more than 30 e-mails in a day and it was all dribble. When someone commented on excessive e- mails they were told to pack their bags, I know that I sure signed off fast. This mail list wasn't the one in this thread but it was run by the onelist people and I think the potential for this kind of abuse is possible in this arrangement. I like this site, I can come when I want and ignore what I want. Hard to do when it arrives in your mail box.

In response to the last message, the wfpa list is not a forum like this and is more an extension of the WFPA site for it's member, but I do feel that if you have a LF question you may post it there to obtain some possible answers.

Robert,

I'll be sure to check out WFPA site. However, as far as the Large Format Forum is concerned, I cannot imagine where else you could find a more informed, experienced, intelligent, thoughtful and downright helpful group of LF photographers.