Thread: Piezography Printing

Piezography Printing

Hello all,

I am very interested in this technology, but I am not clear on the benefits compared to my current setup/process. I currently print with an Epson 7800 on Hahnemuhle Pearl using the glossy K3 inks. I am currently printing slightly warm toned BW using the Epson driver in color mode and the ICC profile provided by Hahnemuhle. I am happy with the results. Is anyone familiar with differneces that I might experience with the Piezography "inks"? Does anyone have experience with the Piezography inks on the Epson 7800. Can you switch back and forth between these and the K3 inks easily (ink waste being a known issue)? Are the Piezography inks for matte pappers only? How do these compare to the K3 inks on glossy papers (I am only interested in BW printing both toned and neutral)? Is the difference an aesthetic one only, meaning the difference is in "style" and not really "quality"?

Thanks in advance,
    -alan

Re: Piezography Printing

Quote Originally Posted by ageorge View Post
    Hello all,

I am very interested in this technology, but I am not clear on the benefits compared to my current setup/process. I currently print with an Epson 7800 on Hahnemuhle Pearl using the glossy K3 inks. I am currently printing slightly warm toned BW using the Epson driver in color mode and the ICC profile provided by Hahnemuhle. I am happy with the results. Is anyone familiar with differneces that I might experience with the Piezography "inks"? Does anyone have experience with the Piezography inks on the Epson 7800. Can you switch back and forth between these and the K3 inks easily (ink waste being a known issue)? Are the Piezography inks for matte pappers only? How do these compare to the K3 inks on glossy papers (I am only interested in BW printing both toned and neutral)? Is the difference an aesthetic one only, meaning the difference is in "style" and not really "quality"?

Thanks in advance,
    -alan
    This topic has been done to death: there is a huge wealth of information on it here:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/D...Print/messages

Search the archives. It's all there in exquisite detail if you'll dig for it. All the Pros, all the Cons, lots of partisan fighting too.

A number of your questions are answered in InkJetMall's FAQ as well.

Bruce Watson

Piezography inks are for matt papers only.

You would need to flush when changing inks.

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/sc.15/.f

I'm a long time participant (mostly lurking) in the site Bruce mentions. It's an excellent source of information and I'd suggest posting your questions there. I think you'll find many more people there with Piezo experience than you will here. While you can always search the archives as Bruce suggests, the few times I've tried to search that site I've found it difficult to do, the Yahoo archives didn't seem to be organized very well or perhaps I just wasn't using them correctly. In any event, I'd just post your questions in the group, I think you'll get some helpful responses, many of the people there use Piezo and are very knowledgeable.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.