Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you attend the LIQUIDATION auction Jobo USA Sept. 20, 2005?

Did you attend the LIQUIDATION auction Jobo USA Sept. 20, 2005?

Did you attend the LIQUIDATION auction Jobo USA Sept. 20, 2005? There may have been a machine at auction that made inserts allowing ULF film sheets to be processed in large Jobo print drums. We would like to find that machine and possibly make these inserts again. If you know anything about the machine or its location, please let us know. See thread http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/2...highlight=3063

Thanks,

John Powers

Re: Did you attend the LIQUIDATION auction Jobo USA Sept. 20, 2005?

John -

I hope you are successful in tracking down the machine.

That said, I doubt those inserts would increase productivity in processing your 7x17s - they were intended for processing one sheet at a time of very large film sizes.

I do three 7x17's in the 3063, using the ribs to hold the sheets in place. It works OK with D-76, though I've heard of problems with pyro developers.

John, I was there and saw just about everthing, can you describe what it looked like?

Bob,
    Thanks for responding. No I don't know what it looked like. Read through the thread if you haven't, and possibly something will ring a bell. http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/2...highlight=Jobo
    It is a long shot, but if it comes in we solve a ULF developing problem.

Thanks,

John

Clay

I recall seeing a photo somewhere on the web of one of these jobbies. It appeared to be plastic mesh with little buttons to hold the film away from the wall of the paper drum. It also had buttons on the film side that were spaced to allow the user to snap the film into place on the plastic mesh and then insert the sandwich into the drum. It looked to me like some plastic screening, nylon buttons, epoxy and a Saturday afternoon would suffice to make a homebrew version. FWIW, I moved to doing everything in trays after intermittent problems with bromide drag and irregular staining when using 7x17 and 12x20 in the Jobo paper drums. Naturally, it only occurred on shots where I made no backup exposure and the composition turned out to be the 'money shot'. (Naturally, I use the term 'money shot' with a heavy dose of irony. Money and ULF photography are immiscible, like oil and water. )

Even simplier version needs no machine to make. My shooting partner use to own a processing lab in So. California. A customer of his showed him how to make a better version using some ladies craft materials. They are so simple to make and work better than the one he has from jobo. I'll get the instructions from him. It uses plastic canvas used by ladies to do a type of needlepoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    Even simplier version needs no machine to make. My shooting partner use to own a processing lab in So. California. A customer of his showed him how to make a better version using some ladies craft materials. They are so simple to make and work better than the one he has from jobo. I'll get the instructions from him. It uses plastic canvas used by ladies to do a type of needlepoint.
    Great idea! Any further information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Aggie,

Thanks for your help with this

Quote Originally Posted by clay harmon View Post
    I recall seeing a photo somewhere on the web of one of these jobbies. It appeared to be plastic mesh with little buttons to hold the film away from the wall of the paper drum. It also had buttons on the film side that were spaced to allow the user to snap the film into place on the plastic mesh and then insert the sandwich into the drum. It looked to me like some plastic screening, nylon buttons, epoxy and a Saturday afternoon would suffice to make a homebrew version. FWIW, I moved to doing everything in trays after intermittent problems with bromide drag and irregular staining when using 7x17 and 12x20 in the Jobo paper drums. Naturally, it only occurred on shots where I made no backup exposure and the composition turned out to be the 'money shot'. (Naturally, I use the term 'money shot' with a heavy dose of irony. Money and ULF photography are immiscible, like oil and water. )
    Thanks Clay,

I would like to stay with the Jobo process. I like that so many of the components can be repeated precisely each time. The tanks also keep the chemicals at a distance from my bad allergies. I use a charcoal filter mask, latril gloves and hurricane style ventilation, but still have problems. My impression is that the Jobo allows me to do what I might have to give up without it. Since I love the darkroom process that makes finding a viable method all the more important to me. Ammonia fumes have taken me to the floor in a couple of platinum workshops so allergic reactions are very real concern.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    I'll get the instructions from him.
    Thanks Aggie,

That would be a great help and probably a lot less expensive than the other route.

John