Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: J&C Photo

J&C Photo

Does anyone know how to reach John at J&C before the Jan.15th Ilford film order deadline? I have credit from an unfortunate unfilled T Max 400 order I'd like to transfer to the Ilford order. I've sent two emails and tried to phone, but the numbers don't work. I do realize that they are in the middle of a move, but I would like to speak with someone before it is too late.

Re: J&C Photo

Try Aggie on apug.org I think John and her are friends and she might be able to give you a lead on how to contact him.

Freestyle, Freestyle, Freestyle.
    You can contact them without having to go throught a "tight" buddy and they don't close down for months leaving the customers screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Turner Reich View Post
    Freestyle, Freestyle, Freestyle.
    You can contact them without having to go throught a "tight" buddy and they don't close down for months leaving the customers screwed.
    J&C announced the move well in advance and sold off their stock at a substantial discount, so regular customers like myself were certainly not screwed, as we could stock up on plenty of film to last through the move. When they are back on line, their service will be even better. It's not as if they closed down so they could have a vacation in the Bahamas.

Freestyle is great, too, and I'm happy to spend some money there as well, but J&C has been supporting many formats that are not supported at Freestyle. J&C has also been very forthcoming with information about the films and papers they sell and who actually makes them, which I can't always say for Freestyle.

Screwed? Screwed by supplying TMY and Ilford ulf film? Screwed by having a moving sale where everything in stock was 20% off? Then please, let the screwing continue.

Wassa matter Turner? Santa miss your house this year??!
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

I agree with everyone else. John is a first rate guy to buy from; I don't shoot a lot of B&W, but what little I do, he has my business.

If you need to get in touch with Aggie, you are better off contacting her through Emulsion. I doubt you will have much luck getting her on APUG.

I'll have to join the chorus and say I've been more than satisfied with every dealing at J&C. They are a treasure and I hope we haven't lost them.

In my lifetime we've moved from Kodak supplying vast diversities of products with armies of people on staff to help any professional person get answers.....to little mom and pop outfits that I'm glad as hell to have around.

J&C has been a beacon in an ever darkening arena.

I'm not at all worried about the reputation of John or J&C. I just want to be sure I don't miss out on the Ilford order by Jan. 15th. I have some credit I want to apply, and I need to actually speak to someone, anyone, by that date.

John has a lot on his plate right now but I am sure that he will take care of you Rob.

To announce well in advance that your business will be "out of pocket" for a short period of time while offering a killer price to afford your customers the ability to stock up and still be called out for it is just not right and considerably short sighted.

Hang In There,

Cheers!