Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Monorail cameras

Re: Monorail cameras

Another option is to get a field camera that delivers adequate bellows draw.

I purchased a Wisner Technical Field camera, in used but very good condition, for around $600. Another option would be a Canham DLC45.

Both of these cameras offer enough bellows draw to accommodate a 450mm non-tele lens, such as the Fujinon or Nikkor. Compared to many monorails, they are light and compact, as well as quick to set up in the field. The do not need to be broken down and re-assembled when placing in a small bag.

Jim Ewins

My 8x10 B&J rolls off the rail is bundled into foam, stuffed in a back pack with the rail, lenses, dark cloth and holders, etc. No problem

Ciao Jim and ciao Ken. Thanks for the advices. Jim you consider lucky to have purchased a 600 USD a Wisner. As far as I know they usually are fetching much higher prices on ebay. These high prices and above all the controversial reactions that Wisner have lately got from some clients in terms of its assistance to clients, suggested me to stay away from second hand Wisner cameras. For what Caham are concerned, they do not appear so frequently on ebay and their prices are also quite high. So, in case someone is interested in a view camera with a bellow draw of around 450 mm, the best option reamains probably the Ebony. Actually there is the option of getting a a 5x7 camera (Shen Hao for example) and a 4x5 reduction back.