Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now is the time to shop.

Now is the time to shop.

Looking at the last nine 210mm Sironar-N/Caltar II-N`s sold on eBay, the average selling price was $304.
    I put in a pretty lowball bid into my sniping service of choice yesterday and went to sleep. When I woke up I had a nice email from eBay telling me I won a 210mm Caltar II-N at $182.50 Not the best description, but at worst I`ll be out $45 for a CLA...
    I bought some stuff last Christmas too at below average prices, so I guess now`s the time!
    Amund

Re: Now is the time to shop.

sssssssshhhhhhhhh, don't tell the others! ;-)

G

And I just watched a large print tank go for 75% of new. The stuff I'm vaguely watching seems to be going for more then it's worth.

Unhappy Re: Now is the time to shop.

There were 4 Shen Hao lensboards (2 #0 and 2 #1) being offered by the same seller for a $12 per board opening bid that had no takers...well one did, but not the other three. They were all suddenly withdrawn. Maybe low is too low!

I know, I sold a nice Sironar-N in a fricking valuable Prontor Pro for the low $200s a couple of weeks back. It is a lousy time to be a seller. LF prices rise in the Spring when people get excited about summer time shooting again.

The best deal i've seen was about six months ago. The seller had over 500 feedback and i was certain it wasen't a scammer. Wisner tech feild 4x5, starting bid of $99 (looked mint by the way). I forgot about it thinking it was out of my league. Well it didn't sell!! a week latter he relisted and it sold for ....... $1400 some thing.

Quote Originally Posted by John Voss View Post
    There were 4 Shen Hao lensboards (2 #0 and 2 #1) being offered by the same seller for a $12 per board opening bid that had no takers...well one did, but not the other three. They were all suddenly withdrawn. Maybe low is too low!
    Yo John,

I won two of the #0 boards.

best, andy

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    I know, I sold a nice Sironar-N in a fricking valuable Prontor Pro for the low $200s a couple of weeks back. It is a lousy time to be a seller. LF prices rise in the Spring when people get excited about summer time shooting again.
    Not to mention the other Caltar II-N 210mm f/5.6 in Copal that you sold me for $200 shipped a few months ago. I'm still loving that lens!

The funny thing is, I think I have the record for selling a modern 210mm plasmat for the lowest price on Ebay that I've seen. I sold a Caltar 210mm HR f/5.6 in an all black modern Copal 1 on Ebay about 6 months ago, and it went for $136. I would've gotten more for it if I were just selling the shutter alone.

Sheldon, if you have more for sale in that price range i will be happy to drive in and pick it up.

jan

Quote Originally Posted by Jan L Pedersen View Post
    Sheldon, if you have more for sale in that price range i will be happy to drive in and pick it up.
    Heck, I'd buy more lenses at that price range too!

Actually, it's what happens when you let a $1 no-reserve auction run its course, and the fish aren't biting (bidding) that particular week.

I had a 240mm f/5.6 Caltar II-N in Copal 3 sell for $235 about 4 months ago that way too. I thought I'd gotten a good deal when I bought it for $399.