Thread: Selling prints online - Ebay

Selling prints online - Ebay

I was looking at Jorge's Ebay store, which looks very good, and wondered if others use Ebay stores and what the pros and cons of Ebay are. Jorge - I am curious why you do not use Paypal.

Re: Selling prints online - Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Richards View Post
    I was looking at Jorge's Ebay store, which looks very good, and wondered if others use Ebay stores and what the pros and cons of Ebay are. Jorge - I am curious why you do not use Paypal.
    I guy in China sold me some pens he represented as Mont Blanc which were supposed to be in France. WHen I made a claim with Pay Pal about their "Not received or received significantly different than advertised" after about a month of e mails and BS from Pay Pal their response was, "well since you have received the pens you are SOL". You have to deal with the seller.

Fortunatelly I used Amex, so I called them and they refunded my money and took it from Pay Pal. It is a lot harder for Pay Pal to screw with Amex than with a single fool who trusted them. E bay and Pay Pal care about nothing but getting their fees.

I am tired of E bay and Pay Pal, I use E bay now as a mode of advertising. I know I wont sell the print but for $9 a month if I get 150 people referred to my site from E bay I think I am getting my money's worth from the fee. As I see it, it is time I use E bay as oppsoed to them using me.

You have a very nice site, Jorge---I just noticed it for the first time. I see you list KJS Photography as the designer. Is it a module system or did they develop it from scratch?

(oh, and by the way, beautiful images!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Hyde View Post
    You have a very nice site, Jorge---I just noticed it for the first time. I see you list KJS Photography as the designer. Is it a module system or did they develop it from scratch?

(oh, and by the way, beautiful images!)
    Tim, I started a thread about Kevin's wonderful program. It is a module and you can read a bit more about it in this thread.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...387#post187387

Or you can alaways visit Kevin' site and see all that the program does.

Thanks for the compliment Tim, it is appreciated....

Hello Tim,

I developed this program from scratch, all the code was written by me from the ground up. I originally wrote it for myself but a few friends saw it and said that I should offer it to other. So I did and have been developing and adding new features to it just about every day. I am trying to make this software gear to artist of all types. It is much more than just a gallery or commerce software, the admin panel is full featured and offers a lot.

I just saw this thread and though I would comment.

If you have any question please let me know,

kev

Abuser of God's Sunlight

I heard that Anne Tucker recently bought photos from ebay for the collection at the MFA Houston. If curators of her generation are looking in unconventional places, it speaks pretty well for the future. could be that some barriers between the high art world and the rest of the world are wearing down.