Thread: Sinar Norma Lensboard!!!

Cool Sinar Norma Lensboard!!!

Hi, people!
    I just bought a excellent condition 4x5 Norma and I'm very happy except for the fact that I have no idea where to get the lensboard for this beauty. I mean I prefer if I can get the original grey/green Norma lensboard but I don't mind using normal black ones. So I went to local camera dealer and got a used black Sinar Copal #0 lensboard (that fits all the modern models I guess) and I totally believed that this would fit my Norma. BUT it did not!!! I'm very much embarrased and don't know which lensboard would fit other then the original Norma lensboard!!! I want to shoot ASAP, can somebody help please??? Does anybody have Copal #0 in stock that will fit Sinar Norma? I hope to see many experts help! Thank you so very much!!!

Re: Sinar Norma Lensboard!!!

psss... give it a wack, it'll fit. Try rotating it 90 degrees or seeing if it will latch onto a different side of the 4x5 frame. It is probably the standard frame that is wacky, not the lensboard.

I second Frank's suggestions. I use a Norma as my primary camera and use all newer lensboards. They fit just fine.

Thank you for the replies!
    That's what I thought it supposed to be! However I just did not want to forse on anything and being little timorous at the moment. I tried little harder and it did went on at least BUT it does not perfactly fit that the lensboard tend to sticks out than the lock leveler. Therefore, I cannot shut down the lock cuz the board is slightly higher than the leveler and can't really be pushed! (if you know what I mean) I did try push hard to make it fit but honestly, I think there's some issue!!! I'm very frustrated now and don't know what lensboard would fit this camera flawlessly! HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mad4callas View Post
    Thank you for the replies!
    That's what I thought it supposed to be! However I just did not want to forse on anything and being little timorous at the moment. I tried little harder and it did went on at least BUT it does not perfactly fit that the lensboard tend to sticks out than the lock leveler. Therefore, I cannot shut down the lock cuz the board is slightly higher than the leveler and can't really be pushed! (if you know what I mean) I did try push hard to make it fit but honestly, I think there's some issue!!! I'm very frustrated now and don't know what lensboard would fit this camera flawlessly! HELP ME PLEASE!!!
    In theory, the Sinar system is supposedly interchangeable among all the systems. For example, the same lensboards are suppose to fit all Sinar cameras.

If I were in your shoes... I would contact the Sinar distributor in your neck of the woods. Since I don't know where you're located... I would suggest you Google "Sinar" and it'll give you the headquarters location. From there... pick the country where you're located and send them a note.

Traditionally, Sinar is very, very responsive to the needs of their users.

One last place you can go to is the Sinar forum...

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

See if the board will fit into the other sides of the frames so you can determine whether it is the board or the standard that is out of wack. You can open up the frame and clean it out and it will probably work fine. Grit gets inside and impedes full range of motion (like my knees). Worse case, take a flat file to the board but that is a kludge.