Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: September/October View Camera

Re: September/October View Camera

Anybody get their LensWork Extended yet?

I still haven't received mine. I e-mailed last week and they said 'oh, it was mailed a couple weeks ago, you should get yours any day now'.

This is the second month in a row that I'm going to have to call them to get my copy. The first month they confirmed that they hadn't mailed mine at all. Really annoying.
    Last edited by DrPablo; 27-Sep-2006 at 21:49.

I had to email several times re my last Extended CD...seems like they arrive a month after the print issue now...

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph O'Neil View Post
    Hey, be happy guys. Here in Canada - and i live exactly one hour drive from the US boarder - we usually see VC magazine about a month late. I do not expect to see the Sept/Oct issue for another week or two yet. Yes, and i just checked it this past Saturday - the July/Aug issue is still on the stands. IMO, it's not VC magazine fault, it's just hte way specialty items of any kind seem to crawl accross the boarder anymore.

joe
    I live in Ottawa, Ontario, and picked up mine on Monday. It always arrives at the same time as a relgious magazine I read, so maybe ... nah, that couldn't be it.

On the other hand, the magazine store that puts it aside for me seems to forget every now and then. What were the contents of the issue before this one? What was on the cover? It may be time for a subscription. I would rather it be later than never.

I always look forward to new issues of VC. This one has less articles that are of interest to me but the last one (whichever that was) was terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by PViapiano View Post
    I had to email several times re my last Extended CD...seems like they arrive a month after the print issue now...
    That's because the extended version is completed after the print version. It takes time to add all the goodies and extra features, link them together and send it off for duplication.

Scott Davis

I got my VC issue on Tuesday this week. The usual editorial detritus was exceptionally low this time, or else I was half-asleep when reading it, since I didn't notice it. Either Steve had more spare time when putting together this issue, or he's finally gotten himself an intern/aide who has a greater than fifth grade literacy level and/or attention span. Kudos, Steve, for a job better done!

grumpy & miserable Joseph O'Neil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don Wallace View Post
    I live in Ottawa, Ontario, and picked up mine on Monday. It always arrives at the same time as a relgious magazine I read, so maybe ... nah, that couldn't be it.
    -snip-

I just checked my fav magazine store downtown a couple hours ago - they still have the July/Aug VC issue on the stands. Ah well, good excuse to drive up to Chapters tonight.

Mind you, my store keeps the photo magazines just down the wall from the "adult", unlike your store, so maybe there *IS* a connection we don't know about.

joe
    eta gosha maaba, aaniish gaa zhiwebiziyin ?

Red face Re: September/October View Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis View Post
    I received a notice a few weeks ago that my subscription had expired, with no previous request to renew it and no warning that the subscription was about to expire. I renewed but I don't know whether I did so in time to get the current issue or not.
    Me either. I should have thought to ask Steve that when I spoke to him on the phone.

You know, Scott...if you don't like the magazine, don't subscribe. I don't pretend to speak for others, but I personally am getting tired of the attacks going on in this forum. You could always volunteer as an editor if your education is beyond fifth grade.
    Last edited by Michael Graves; 28-Sep-2006 at 17:09.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Mine has just arrived, in Chicago.