Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Bellowsmaking Book

New Bellowsmaking Book

Hello:

I just released my new book on how to make bellows from scratch. The book discolses a brand new way to make bellows using your computer to do the hard work. The book is 64 pages long and has 86 CAD drawings and 13 photographs showing step by step instructions on exactly how to design and build straight and tapered bellows. With this book and a free CAD program or just a yard stick if you would rather, anyone can build their own inexpensive replacement bellows or go into business making bellows for sale on ebay. The book is spiral bound (lies flat) high qualiity photocopies with wear resistant covers

I will trade the book for three Silver Eagle coins available for about $40.00 USD at this time from a coin dealer near you. Or if you insist on using cash, check, money order or PayPal I will sell the book for $75.00 USD. Either way, shipping and handling is an additional $5.00 USD payable in cash, by check, money order or Paypal.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Barry Young; 17-Sep-2006 at 22:51.

Re: New Bellowsmaking Book

75 $ for 64 pages... Hmm. Bellows company in Britain will make you new bellows for that price...

Quote Originally Posted by GPS
    75 $ for 64 pages... Hmm. Bellows company in Britain will make you new bellows for that price...
    "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish, and you feed him for life."

Seems to me if you'll ever need more than one bellows in your life, the book might be a bargain...
    If a contact print at arm's length is too small to see, you need a bigger camera. :D

Thank you Donald.

Hello GPS:

Every time I have asked them for a quote it has been more than $200 USD.

If you read all of the notice you will see that you can trade me coins worth about $44 for the book.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Barry Young; 20-Sep-2006 at 02:45.

Hello Barry, it all depends on the belows dimension. The last time (and the only one) I asked them to make me belows it was much less than your 200$. By the way, the hardest work on bellows (I've made more than a dozen of them for my cameras and for my friends) is the manual folding, not the geometry work. No computer for folding, as of yet... You write clearly that for those using cash you have your special price of 75 $. That makes 80 with shipping.

Hello Barry, it all depends on the belows dimension. The last time (and the only one) I asked them to make me belows it was much less than your 200$. By the way, the hardest work on bellows (I've made more than a dozen of them for my cameras and for my friends) is the manual folding, not the geometry work. No computer for folding, as of yet... You write clearly that for those using cash you have your special price of 75 $. That makes 80 with shipping.

OK. Thanks.

Price reduction

Hello:

I have decided to publish my book Modern Bellowsmaking myself which significantly reduced the price at which I can sell it.

The new price is $35 plus $5 shipping to US destinations. You can pay via cash, check or Paypal. Please email me for payment details.

Thank you.

Would you consider making one or two pages available for public viewing? Obviously don't pick some pages that give it all away! Pick a page or two (maybe just a paragraph or two) that clearly illustrate your writing style and the book's quality.

I really enjoy using the preview feature on Amazon.com. I think it has saved me from buying some stinkers in the past (not that you are a stinker, I'm just cheap ).

$35 for a book isn't much but these days, with my current cash flow, $35 is enough that I think twice about spending it...

Thanks and good luck all around with your books sales.

Rob
    Last edited by rwyoung; 26-Sep-2006 at 07:03.

Quote Originally Posted by rwyoung View Post
    Would you consider making one or two pages available for public viewing? Obviously don't pick some pages that give it all away! Pick a page or two (maybe just a paragraph or two) that clearly illustrate your writing style and the book's quality.

I really enjoy using the preview feature on Amazon.com. I think it has saved me from buying some stinkers in the past (not that you are a stinker, I'm just cheap ).

$35 for a book isn't much but these days, with my current cash flow, $35 is enough that I think twice about spending it...

Thanks and good luck all around with your books sales.

Rob

Hi Rob:

Now folks here is a man after my own heart. Rob, I am also cheap. And only an honest man admits to being cheap. I like that in a person. I attempted to attach two pages as you requested but the smallest file was more than 4 times bigger than that allowed in this forum. One shows my lovely assistant Deborah Shaffer laying out a pattern for bellows to fit an old 5X7 piece of junk camera made in India. The second page shows one of the pages with drawings and illustrates just how minute the instructions are which are presented in this book. Each task is broken down into very simple steps anybody should be able to accomplish whether they are using a computer or drawing on kraft paper. Thanks Rob, this was a terrific idea. I wish it had worked. I can email them to you I bet. Please email me at barryjyoung@yahoo.com if you would like me to email them to you. That goes for everyone by the way.

Thanks again Rob.
    Last edited by Barry Young; 27-Sep-2006 at 04:08.