Thread: My initial experience: Jobo 3010 and beseler motor base

My initial experience: Jobo 3010 and beseler motor base

Last night I developed 4 sheets of delta 100 in my new dev combo (jobo 3010 tank on a beseler motor base).

Everything went great! I set up the roller so that it would hit my bathroom wall if it started creeping. Here was my process:

5 min- prewash as recommended by jobo

Ilford DDX 1:9 13mins (film shot at 100) 24C (turned out slightly dense, but this was a good guess, I'll test later)

I introduced the developer through a hosed funnel while the tank was spinning (except the stop, I just dumped it in to stop dev faster)

I let it spin the same direction the whole time and 3 times during development I did a very short and mild 10 sec "sea-saw" motion off the roller to prevent streaking

Stopped for 45 secs

Ilford rapid Fix 1:4 for 5 mins

3- 1 min rinses

orbit bath for 5 mins

then I used my film washer and a tray for photoflo.

Evenly dev'd negs! Easiest development ever! I'd highly recommend this combo. I need to figure out something better than clothes pins for drying.

Re: My initial experience: Jobo 3010 and beseler motor base

It really is a great system. I have also used it for semi-stand development, 2800ml.

Make life easier on yourself - forget the funnel and hose and just dump everything in, and just let it run. Once you think about what is going on inside that drum, you realize that you are not going to improve the mixing with anything you do. Make sure you have at least 300 ml or so. I had not thought about using for semi-stand - if you turn it on its side with 2800 in, does it run out? I guess you could put a big cork in.:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Richards View Post
    Make life easier on yourself - forget the funnel and hose and just dump everything in, and just let it run. Once you think about what is going on inside that drum, you realize that you are not going to improve the mixing with anything you do. Make sure you have at least 300 ml or so. I had not thought about using for semi-stand - if you turn it on its side with 2800 in, does it run out? I guess you could put a big cork in.:-)
    I imagine that the tank would be standing up for 2800ml semi stand dev. BTW I used 500ml for 4 sheets. Probably more than I needed, but easier for mixture ratios.

I'll try dumping it in next time. One thing I noticed was that using the funnel, it took a good while longer to actually fill the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Richards View Post
    I had not thought about using for semi-stand - if you turn it on its side with 2800 in, does it run out? I guess you could put a big cork in.:-)
    I stopper it with the rubber bung from the foot-pump, with a felt pen stuck in the hole in the bung. I've never encountered any leakage.

As there is not much space remaining with it filled to the top (about 250ml as a guess), I roll it vigorously across the counter to have thorough agitation, between stands.
    Last edited by Ron Marshall; 29-Sep-2006 at 20:32.