Folks, I posted this on Photo.net but I thought I would post it here to get ideas from LF photographers since I'm starting to work in 4x5 this summer. So here goes.

Since I finally retired from the USGS to focus on photography, I'm resurrecting an idea I had years ago of developing a photography guide to Mt. Rainier National Park. It's in the initial stages at http://www.wsrphoto.com/mtrainier.html.

Anyway, I'm working on the area Web pages with information about what, when, where, etc., and you can help me a great deal by letting me know if/when you plan trips to National Park, what questions do you have and what information would help you. I have the three photoguides (listed on the Web page above) and they're excellent for what they present, but I notice they lack the depth of information for first- time people with limited time, often 1-3 days.

I don't plan to address anything much outside the NP as there are tons of Web sites for that and people have their own preferences. My interest is inside the NP, and being a geographer, information will likely be spatially based with references to seasons, events, etc. I'm also trying to determine how much related information photographers want. Being a more traditional film-based one, I can't speak for digital cameras but I would add links to others' Web page with good information.

Thanks for the time. All suggestions welcome.