Until recently, the fastest film I could get in 3x4 was J&C Classic (Forte/Bergger) 200. Exposed at EI 125 in my Graflex SLR, the Classic 200 produces beautiful results, but more speed is always welcome, so when Classic 400 became available in 3x4, I stocked up. I've used a lot of this film in 120, but never in sheets, to be printed on Canadian G2 Azo, with its Exposure Scale of 1.75, and I was surprised by its reluctance to build contrast. I was shooting portraits in typically (for me) flat light in the SBR 5-6 range, as it was cloudy and raining here for the 4th. My testing indicated development in 510-Pyro 1:100 of 12min/ 70F/ Jobo Expert drum. That's a lot of development! By comparison, HP5+ requires only 7min under the same conditions. Since I like to keep my rotary development times under 10min., I resorted to a tactic I've never had to use for any film; I used 510-Pyro @ 1:50/6min/70F/ Expert drum. The negs print beautifully, I'm happy to say, but wow, that's some powerful development. Anyone else using this film for long scale printing?

Jay