Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill the Lounge!

Re: Kill the Lounge!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Crider
    It may be that many here don't frequent Apug's lounge, so I think it nice to have an area here where all else goes that just can't seem to fit a category.
    you mean all the never ending crazy zionist and neo-nazi threads and conspiracy etc.... yep - fun
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Beverly Hills, California

My impression when the lounge is adverised as an unmoderated, off-topic place is that it's a place for people to excercise restraint and use good judgement and not be
    irresponsible or totally offensive - but by the same token, if you are offended by what you see in there, then stay out of that particular thread.
    Last edited by Andre Noble; 21-Jun-2006 at 19:57.

Leave The Lounge alone. To me it's a snapshot for us in Europe of how America is thinking. It also saves me the bother of applying for a passport, I've decided to stay at home.
    PETE.

Kill it! And classifieds too! There is nice classifieds section on the APUG and I find it totally adequate. Bring back the spirit of the old forum. This one starts to look like rag-fair - noisy and gaudy.
    Full with mission!

Keep the Lounge !

I agree with Pete Watkins. Plus - that is what makes this site so much better than any other, as it blends photography and all its technicalities with the rest of the everyday world.

Dawid

grumpy & miserable Joseph O'Neil's Avatar

Ah, leave the Lounge alone. It's kinda like the Golf channel on my local cable TV service. It's included in the programming package regardless if I want it or not. Who wants to watch golf on TV? I programmed my remote for my TV to skip over the channel completely. If you don't like the Lounge, cool, but skip over it completely.

Kinda like my account on APUG - I never look at the 35mm Forum, I always ignore it, even though I have 3 Nikons.

joe
    eta gosha maaba, aaniish gaa zhiwebiziyin ?

If you remove the Lounge, then the off-topic threads will just occur more often in the other sections. I don't understand the problem - I don't read the Lounge threads, so it doesn't matter to me what they contain.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Watkins
    Leave The Lounge alone. To me it's a snapshot for us in Europe of how America is thinking. It also saves me the bother of applying for a passport, I've decided to stay at home.
    PETE.
    LOL! My sentiments exactly, Pete. Ooops ... I'm already here. Oh well ...

justus

Quote Originally Posted by tim atherton
    you mean all the never ending crazy zionist and neo-nazi threads and conspiracy etc.... yep - fun
    I've never thought of that, but then my mind usually doesn't think that way.

People on this forum are alot more civilized; I don't see a real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre_941
    ... is that it's a place for people to excercise restraint and use good judgement and not be irresponsible or totally offensive...
    Andre,

As much as I concur with you... this is asking a LOT of some people!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!