Thread: Thank you for birrthday greetings!

Thank you for birrthday greetings!

Hi!

Today, on my [ 64. :-( ] birthday , I received a surprising and warming wish for a happy birthday from lfgroup-at-largeformatphotography-dot-info. I don't quite know where to say thank you, so I try here.

Maybe I should use this opportunity to present myself. I have not done this before, even though I have enjoyed this forum for over a year now, because I could not - and still can not - accompany the words by images, since my scanning workflow is still not established, and it will take quite a while before I may get around to change that.

So: I have photographed landscape in my holidays between 1972 and 1985, starting with a spy-camera borrowed from my then girlfriend, then a Nikkormat, a Pentacon Six, and, from 1980, a 6x9 Arca Swiss. Around 1985, I drowned in depression. As the result of long-term therapy, I have gradually recovered, reaching what I feel "normal" around year 2000. In the meantime, the depression had become the reason of an early retirement from a job as a school physician.

In october 2004, I read in the newspaper that the local conservationist group had embarked on a registration of remainders of nature-near forest in the surroundings of Oslo, where I have lived since 1992. The registration work would imply photographing, and I felt at once that this would be a dream project for me to participate in.

I decided to pull my Arca out of the closet and bring it into working condition. As the result of my earlier experience, I want to be able to calculate the tilt angle and apply it on a precision scale. Some machine work was called for. To my great surprise, it turned out that machinists have other things to do than my camera - think of that! So far, the Arca has not been in action. Now I have gotten impatient and ordered a digicam, which is bound to arrive one of these days. This will at least enable me to participate in the registration project. The "fine art" will have to wait a little.

By now, your patience reading my story may be as exhausted as my patience waiting for machinists. So I'll stop here and maybe get back when I can show some pictures.

Thank you for thinking of my birthday!
    Hening

Re: Thank you for birrthday greetings!

Happy Birthday Hening! You should put the Arca in action!

Happy birthday, Hening.
    Last edited by Ralph Barker; 12-Jun-2006 at 17:47.

Happy Birthday all the way back to Oslo, Hening. In another sixteen months I will become 64 also (I'm still a youngster ). And I love my ARCA-SWISS. It will be fun to see what you do with yours. Hope you get to enjoy it.

Happy birthday Hening, and many more. Good luck with your project and with the Arca. Hopefully you will post some photos here soon.