Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jobo

Jobo

Just read where Jobo is getting out of the film/print processor business.

Bob

Re: Jobo

Bob, do you mean something other than what has already happened in the United States, where Jobo USA was reorganized and transferred US distribution of its analog darkroom gear to OmegaSatter?

If you do mean something more than that, then please cite a specific source for this information so that others can check it and evaluate its credibility. Otherwise, spreading rumors like this does more harm than good.

There is nothing on Jobo's homepage, either international or USA. As Oren said, they did reorganize the North American Operations last year.

Gary

This was posted by a David White on LL.

"Looks like JOBO is throwing in the towel also. They will be stopping production of their processors. They said that they will continue to offer spare parts and analog processing accessories."

I don't know David to swing from the hip!!

I think I found the source:

http://www.jobo.com/jobo_press/pr/20...OBO_Analog.pdf

With a bit of Babelfish help, I'm afraid I know what it says, but can any of the German-speakers here give us a clean read?

Here's the Babelfished version of the relevant content:

In the past years a clear decrease is to be registered in the similar photo market, which JOBO could compensate promptly with digital know-how and innovative digital products. The digital business constitutes today already 85 % of the gross income. The production of the traditional similar machines is not to be arranged for the Mittelstaendler any longer profitable, so that JOBO executive committee Johannes Bockemuehl Simon of heavy heart will separate from this product segment. JOBO adapts thereby to the decreases in the film business, is pleased however to save the proven JOBO processor technology into the digital picture world. "it is not easy for us to separate us from a line of business to which formed the foundation-stone of our business success and without our outstanding market positioning today would be not conceivable. The more expect I to the introduction on the market of the JOBO/DigePrint mini lab with tension and am convinced that we developed a product corresponding to real market conditions ", so Bockemuehl Simon themselves. "will be further accessories like the traditional JOBO tanks, spirals, bowls, etc. in the JOBO delivery program to find. Also further spare parts for for decades the devices in the market will be available. In the double sense applies thus: "we develop further." On the one hand new technologies and on the other hand also (further) photo." Thus the JOBO goes ATL era to end, however through the LumeJet 1500 into the new, digital photo world is transferred. With the new system set JOBO and DigePrint on full digital inputs and exzellente quality with the similar output in 400 dpi dissolution.

http://www.photographyblog.com/index...gital_minilab/

David White posted this link this morning.

bob

Bob - thanks for that link to the translated verrsion, and sorry for my blunt skepticism yesterday. Guess I've seen too many false rumors over the past couple of years as the industry has shaken out. Unfortunately, sometimes one you'd rather not hear ends up panning out...

Oren,

When I read your post, I was worried that I did spread a false rumor. I have been annoyed by that in the past and I was concerned that I was passing on unsubstanciated info. I felt comfortable with the source.

I find I am a bellweather type of person. I entered HQ digital at the beginning of the surge over, and now I going back to HQ film. Hopefully its the beginning of a reversal. I'd like to see the infrastructure stay in place for a while.

bob

Eric Biggerstaff

A question - the information provided does not mention ending production of the drums or rotarty processors - just the AutoLab, PrintLab and ProDry products, do you think they will still produce the Expert drums, etc? Or are they totally getting out of the analog business?

Thanks,
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com