Thread: Help Buying A Camera

Help Buying A Camera

Hey, I was hoping some of you experts could help me choosing a camera. Basically, i'm a graphics student that can only afford to spend $700 or less (aussie dollars), and was hoping yall could point me in the right direction. At 700, i realize i can probably only afford a high end digital camera, but i'd like one that is close to slr as possible. Meaning, i'd like to be able to take close up pictures without any blur that i tend to get with my Kodak EasyShare DX7630. I believe this is called macro or something. I'd also like to get an as accurate as possible image, i've noticed my kodak's photos look nothing like the real life composite. (Dunno if there is a technical name for this, i think it has something to do with lighting and what not). I live in Melbourne Australia, but am not aware of the best place to buy a camera, they only shop im aware of is Teds and unless someone advises elsewise, its probable that i will buy from there. ( www.teds.com.au ). So basically, all this condensed, i'd like a camera that gives an accurate replica of the subject, and most def. must be able to take close-up, high quality images, and digital input/output.

So if anyone out there can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Help Buying A Camera

Atm, im looking at the Nikon Coolpix S4 and the Canon Powershot S3is, but again, am open to whatever you experts suggest. So, if anyone can throw their 2 cents bout these cameras, and others available in Melbourne, Australia, it'd be rad.

Re: Help Buying A Camera

Why are you asking this here, this is a forum for large format photography. Try www.photo.net