Thread: Out of order enlarger timer

Out of order enlarger timer

This is for the electronica wizzards among you all.
    I was given an WEIN T120 Touch Start Colour Timer (220 Volt). It looks a verry fine instrumet, but it is out of order.
    The timing is uncorrect and the switched safe light connection is a little weard, no full power is comming out of it (strange).
    Can somboddy help me with the drawings and construction details, so I can have this timer repaired by al local repairsman?
    Thank you,
    Philippe

Re: Out of order enlarger timer

Timing incorrect sounds as if it's made for a different frequency -- 60 Hz vs. 50 Hz will cause timing errors in almost all electric and electronic timers (a 50 Hz unit will run 20% fast on 60 Hz, and a 60 Hz unit about 17% slow on 50 Hz). Not sure what you mean by "no full power" from the safelight connection -- if you mean the voltage seems low, it may be wired to run a 120 V safelight from the 220-240 V main supply (though that would be an odd setup).

First thing is check the data plate; assuming the unit is actually compatible with your local power (which it should be if it was originally sold in your country), look for a switch that sets the unit for different mains frequencies (possible on a digital timer, by changing the counter settings) and/or voltage (which might change the wiring to the safelight connector etc.).

Failing all that, you're back to what you requested, for which I'm afraid I can't add anything...
    If a contact print at arm's length is too small to see, you need a bigger camera. :D