Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ilfotec LC29 or Ilfosol 3?

Re: Ilfotec LC29 or Ilfosol 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Beevo View Post
    Would gassing the bottle with nitrogen before capping it after use be of an advantage?

Bill V
    Yes.

Anything that excludes oxygen from the bottle improves shelf life.

However, beware, Ilfosol 3 suffers from sudden death syndrome - all seems fine and then nothing at all.

To make matters worse, there is no colour change either to give you a clue.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Ilfosol, if you use it frequently but if you only use it very occasionally, other options might be more suitable.

Martin

I quit using Ilfosol 3 years ago because once you open the bottle, you've got a few weeks at most to finish it up.
    Now, I use Formulary's FA-1027, which lasts at least a year, no matter now much/little there is left in the opened bottle. Superb negatives every time. Why more people don't use FA-1027 I will never know. Maybe it's just been too obscure?

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    I quit using Ilfosol 3 years ago because once you open the bottle, you've got a few weeks at most to finish it up.
    Now, I use Formulary's FA-1027, which lasts at least a year, no matter now much/little there is left in the opened bottle. Superb negatives every time. Why more people don't use FA-1027 I will never know. Maybe it's just been too obscure?
    Isn't this developer also known as Clayton F76+ or Arista Premium Liquid? Moreover, a Clayton rep claimed that DD-X is a clone of it on APUG a few years ago. If all of that is true, collectively I'd say these products are quite popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Bormental View Post
    Isn't this developer also known as Clayton F76+ or Arista Premium Liquid? Moreover, a Clayton rep claimed that DD-X is a clone of it on APUG a few years ago. If all of that is true, collectively I'd say these products are quite popular.
    Nothing I have read on the Web provides incontrovertible evidence that these three developers are the exact same product. From what I can find, it seems like it's all speculation. But neither can I state that they are not the same product.

Addendum: I just read Freestyle's listing for Clayton F76+ and the Clayton MSDS sheet. Freestyle states that this is a "hypoallergenic" product, and yet Clayton shows that it contains Hydroquinone, a known skin irritant. Freestyle also calls this a "phenidone based developer" when in fact the MSDS sheet states it is equal parts Phenidone and Hydroquinone.