Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Choosing which forums to view

Re: Choosing which forums to view

just made a search and find the results accurately.........
    scrapbook
    Tim Holtz

I don't know if there's a 'proper' way to do it, but I look at new posts. I right click the 'New Posts' tab at the top and 'copy shortcut' then edit the bookmark and paste in the link.

Steve

This thread was started in 2006. Is it true that in six years no one has figured out how to program some functionality into the software to let members customize the forums to view? Am I missing something in the new forum upgrade?

There used to be a third party plug-in for that, but the author is no longer maintaining it and it doesn't work in the new version--I tried during testing. Figuring out if it's possible to make it work in the new version is on my things-to-do-list.

You must restore the original URL because some strange reason, software changes, "searchID" thing bookmarks. I think most browsers you can just bookmark a link, right-click on the link.

jkober

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Westbrook View Post
    Some members have asked how to filter things so they get the view they want. Here's how.

To exclude or include specific forums from view, you can bookmark search URLs that allow you to do this. These will be about the same as the Unified View, but filtered as desired.

The forums to include/exclude are listed in the URL as a comma-separated list of forumid's as shown in the examples. You get the forumid from the end of the forum's URL after the "f=".

In the example URLs prefix each with the base Forum home URL "http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum".

To get all posts (&getdaily parameter) in the past number of days: (30 days in these examples)

To get posts since your last visit: (the "&days=" parameter is irrelevant when using "&do=getnew")

You can also change the sort order by including a &sortby=<value> parameter in the url. The <value> can be one of:
    • threadstart (to sort by the time the thread was posted)
    • replycount (by number of replies)
    • views (by total number of views)
    • title (by thread title)
    • forum (by forum name)

Example: Since your last visit, exclude the Lounge, and order the rest in groups by Forum:
    <home url>/search.php?&do=getnew&exclude=17&sortby=forum

Feel free to ask here for more examples if needed.

jkober

Re: Don't know where else to post this

I signed up on LFP a few days ago and immediately my email account was inundated with spam. If you have sold my information to advertisers without my permission, shame on you. If not, then it is simply a coincidence and I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by jkober@mac.com View Post
    I signed up on LFP a few days ago and immediately my email account was inundated with spam. If you have sold my information to advertisers without my permission, shame on you. If not, then it is simply a coincidence and I apologize.
    You do realise your username is your email? This means all bots and people in the world can see it.?

Re: Don't know where else to post this

Quote Originally Posted by jkober@mac.com View Post
    We don't sell anything to anyone. In fact, we don't even give out e-mail addresses to other members.

I'd suggest you use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page to request that we change your publicly-visible user name.