Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Epson V750 Scanner

Doug Dolde

Epson V750 Scanner

Vincent has started his review of the Epson V750 scanner.

www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson V750/page_1.htm

Epson V750 Scanner

Is this shipping yet? Thought I read somewhere that it would come out mid-May.
    bart

Epson V750 Scanner

Amazon site says will be released May 14
    http://tinyurl.com/nzrj3

Beverly Hills, California

Epson V750 Scanner

So far the 700 and 750 look about the same on film. Agreed?

Epson V750 Scanner

Epson told me this afternoon that I am on the top of the list for a 750 for review and that I should have a 700 next week so, with a bit of luck, I will have something useful to report before the end of June.

Meanwhile you will find a very useful review at http://www.galerie-photo.com/test-scanner-epson-v700-versus-4990.html ... it's in French but even if you don't read French worhtwhile for the images. Gaerie-Photo generally do rigerous impartial reviews and on a quick read this seems to be one of those. Seems as though the reviewer felt V700 outperforms the 4990 in some ways but not all.

Re: Epson V750 Scanner

It seems to me that to compared scanners, you first have to optimize the film height (and maybe some other software variables) for each scanner before comparing the scanners. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't get the feeling that the 750 reviewer did that before posting the initial results.

Jay Wenner

Exclamation Re: Epson V750 Scanner

In looking for a current scanner, I have found the Nikon 9000ED and the Epson V750 Pro do not support current Apple products (intel based). Does anyone know any more about this and whether they will support compatibility any time soon? It seems strange that two major products (one new the other established) are incompatible with the current product line of a major computer manufacturer like Apple that they have supported heavily in the past.

Alan, where did you get that info? Epson's FAQ's state: "Yes. EPSON Scan is compatible with MAC OS X 10.2.8 to 10.4.x. and Intel-based Mac running OS X 10.4.4 or later." Could still be that the V750 and 700 won't work with 'em though. I'll let you know by the end of the day as I am going to go hook one up right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Briggs
    In looking for a current scanner, I have found the Nikon 9000ED and the Epson V750 Pro do not support current Apple products (intel based). Does anyone know any more about this and whether they will support compatibility any time soon? It seems strange that two major products (one new the other established) are incompatible with the current product line of a major computer manufacturer like Apple that they have supported heavily in the past.
    Alan,

That would be simply awful and I'll be very surprised to hear that this is, indeed, the path they've chosen to pursue! IMHO, it would be one HUGE blunder!

Ted,

We're all waiting with great anticipation to hear the results from your tests... and, in particular, with the results of whether it's compatible with Mac computers!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Smile Re: Epson V750 Scanner

I am totally wiped out after working my a** off at the VC Conference. Finished one article for the magazine today and go tthe beast setup ... the phone kept getting in the way but everyone here will be the first to know. Some time tomorrow .... promise.