Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jobo 2830 and 8x10 processing

Jobo 2830 and 8x10 processing

Recently picked up a Jobo 2830 with the intention of processing 8x10. Do you know if I need the cup attachment for the lid or can I just use the center column without any reels in there? And/or does anyone know a source of the plugs you used to be able to get for the funnel lids??

Thanks!

Re: Jobo 2830 and 8x10 processing

If you're going to use it on a roller base, there's no need to cap the cog lid. Just use the centre column as you mentioned to keep the tank light tight. If you mean the lid used for inversion, you shld be able to find the Jobo cap and I don't believe you need the post if you have the cup. If I'm reading your post correctly

forgot to mention, that without the cup, there will be light leaks regardless of the lid. You need either the cup, or the attachment that goes into the centre of the post.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    If you're going to use it on a roller base, there's no need to cap the cog lid. Just use the centre column as you mentioned to keep the tank light tight. If you mean the lid used for inversion, you shld be able to find the Jobo cap and I don't believe you need the post if you have the cup. If I'm reading your post correctly

forgot to mention, that without the cup, there will be light leaks regardless of the lid. You need either the cup, or the attachment that goes into the centre of the post.
    Yes I think that’s what I’m asking. I’m looking to use it to process two 8x10 sheets. If I read what you’re saying correctly then I can just run the center column like normal without any reels? I’d be using it on my CPE2.

as long as you have the part that goes into the post and acts as a light baffle, or use the cup, either one will work although I believe the trap/funnel will allow a quicker pour vs the cup. Will two sheets fit in the tank ? I use Expert drums to process 5x7 and 8x10 but use tanks for 35 and 120 so I do understand the plumbing involved haha

as long as you have the part that goes into the post and acts as a light baffle, or use the cup, either one will work although I believe the trap/funnel will allow a quicker pour vs the cup. Will two sheets fit in the tank ? I use Expert drums to process 5x7 and 8x10 but use tanks for 35 and 120 so I do understand the plumbing involved haha
    They should, yeah. It’s meant for print processing but they “taco” along the sides. I’d get an expert drum but they won’t work on my CPE2.

Quote Originally Posted by dbla View Post
    They should, yeah. It’s meant for print processing but they “taco” along the sides. I’d get an expert drum but they won’t work on my CPE2.
    I use a CPP-2 but I also use it on a Simm roller base (or Beseler or Unicolour). You have to pick up the drum to dump and fill but it's a simple thing and if you don't want to tray process, I can't recommend Expert drums enough. Spendy initial cost but well worth it and u can likely get your money back on resale.

I use a CPP-2 but I also use it on a Simm roller base (or Beseler or Unicolour). You have to pick up the drum to dump and fill but it's a simple thing and if you don't want to tray process, I can't recommend Expert drums enough. Spendy initial cost but well worth it and u can likely get your money back on resale.
    Yeah I hear you, sadly I'd need to replace my Jobo as well. That's a possibility for "another time™️" but for now I think this should work.

I think you don't need the plug source. You just need the part to go into the post and act as a lightweight baffle or use a cup.
    eggy car

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dbla View Post
    Recently picked up a Jobo 2830 with the intention of processing 8x10. Do you know if I need the cup attachment for the lid or can I just use the center column without any reels in there? And/or does anyone know a source of the plugs you used to be able to get for the funnel lids??

Thanks!
    You also need a set of print/film separators. These are small cylindrical tubes that slide into the raised ridges on the 2830. Place them a couple of inches from the top and directly across the circumference from each other and slide each sheet between them. You'll hear a distinct "pop" as the edge of the film snaps into place under the clip. Without the clips there is a distinct possibility that the sheets will become displaced during rotation and impede the flow of chemistry across each sheet resulting in uneven development. The clips prevent this from happening. I process 2 sheets of 8x10 film frequently with the 2830 and the clips and have never had a problem. To easily remove the film from the tank fill it with water to "lubricate" the back side of the sheet.

I used to just use tape around the drum edges to prevent the sheets from sliding into each other after I loaded the sheets. It's a finicky process though, the seperators are much better if you can find them.