Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paterson grain focuser?

Re: Paterson grain focuser?

So today I thought I’d try with a 35mm negative and found the grain easily, so at least I know it’s working. Guess I’ll just have to work on my technique for the 4x5, thanks for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Maross396 View Post
    So today I thought I’d try with a 35mm negative and found the grain easily, so at least I know it’s working. Guess I’ll just have to work on my technique for the 4x5, thanks for all the help.
    Glad you found it!

I've found that the "CHEAP" Paterson grain focuser provides me with the most accurate focusing. I have a couple of the Peaks, but the Paterson always gets me in focus, accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by Maross396 View Post
    I have what looks like a cheap Paterson grain focuser that I tried using yesterday but can only see white light when looking through it. I adjusted the viewfinder so that the bar running through it is sharp but no luck, could I be doing something wrong or is this thing possibly broken?
    Maross, I have that focuser, but don't like it much. Try using it directly under the enlarging lens and low magnitication first after focusing without it on a piece of paper. You won't grain, but may get a feel for how it works. Make sure your head isn't blocking the light.