Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhibition: Sheet Film (Melbourne, Australia 26 May - 2 July 2023)

Re: Exhibition: Sheet Film (Melbourne, Australia 26 May - 2 July 2023)

I always wanted to 'Walk About' in Austrailia!

Nope

I did meet one on Walkabout, as he and I both attended the same College

A gentle giant, studying art

He was eveyone's friend in a quiet manner

Lost tracks
    Tin Can

I just saw this post and wished I had seen it earlier. I'm now based in Portland, SW victoria and am just refurbishing a darkroom at the local art precinct. It has a 4x5 Durst enlarger that had badly scratched lens ( i'm getting a second hand Rodenstock from ebay). As Mick knows I have a 8x10 camera now ( i never should have sold him my 4x5 Shen Hao) so I'm only able to do contact prints, but I will be doing enlargements from my 4x5 negs. Hopefully I will be able to get to the gallery at Docklands soon.

Michael, better change your location...

Good to hear you are still using your 8x10, does it still look as good as when I saw it? A really pretty camera.

I'll try to pop down next week - just a tram ride from work so I have zero excuses!!!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Hi Mick. Yes, it still looks good. The rear focussing through rod broke back in 2009 but a guy I was working with at the time managed to fix it and it hasn't been a problem since. The bellows near the front standard have bent a little (I think one of the stiffeners has broken), but it doesn't affect the end result in any way. I just found out that Jurgen Heiland in Germany is now producing and 8x10 enlarger with LEDs. When I win the lotto I'll buy one. LOL. By the way, I'm now riding a 2013 Moto Guzzi Griso that I bought new when I lived in Canberra. It's got 180,000km on it now.

Great stuff Michael, next time I'm heading down the west coast of Vic I'll see if we can meet up.

Flogged a V50 Monza Sport, sixth or seventh off the production line, through western Europe in 1982. Rode my first Guzzi in 1968, Falcone (?) with an exposed flywheel. V7 was the first twin I rode, then a V7 Ambassador, 700 and 750 respectively; chrome bores were an issue on the twins.

Banana bender mate of 50+ years has one of those Griso units, red with twointowunz on it, great sound.

I was very lucky. When I moved to Canberra with my then partner who was from Queanbeyan originally, she told me that the easiest way to get around Canberra was on a bike. I hadn't had a bike since 1975 and hadn't ridden one since 1984. I was looking to buy a new Suzuki 500m twin and drove around trying to find the dealership but couldn't. I drove past the Ford dealership and they had Guzzis, Triumphs and Aprilias so I went in. I wanted the Griso, but couldn't get that because my bike license had lapsed in 84, but I was able to buy a 750 Breva. Got the 1st service done at the dealership and then found out that there was a Guzzi expert 30 k away in Bungendore. I still take my Griso there.
    On the photography front I think the new to me enlarging lens is going to arrive around 5th July.

R1-Ducati Last Picturewebsize by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickrally liked ths Aussy Staintune
    Tin Can

I always wanted to ride one of those. My partner is thinking of getting a 659 Monster when she gets her learner's permit.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0566.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	240044This is mine.