Thread: Help with Telephoto lens

Help with Telephoto lens

Guys about 4 years ago I bought a Nikkor T ED360 f 8 but it also has written on the front element 500 and 720mm. The rear element has “Rear lens for T360 mm 200328” so my question is what focal length is my lens. Is it 360mm or 720mm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Come and see what I have done up and until now at www.neilsphotography.co.uk

Re: Help with Telephoto lens

It is 360 mm. For this lens the front element are the same, but the rear elements differs, so there are 360 mm, 500 mm and 720 mm rear elements.

Source: Nikkor Lenses for Large-Format Cameras 1990/03

They also had another tele set with a different front element and rear elements for 600 mm, 800 mm and 1200 mm covering up to 8" * 10".
    Last edited by Per Madsen; 23-May-2023 at 07:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Per Madsen View Post
    It is 360 mm. For this lens the front element are the same, but the rear elements differs, so there are 360 mm, 500 mm and 720 mm rear elements.

Source: Nikkor Lenses for Large-Format Cameras 1990/03

They also had another tele set with a different front element and rear elements for 600 mm, 800 mm and 1200 mm covering up to 8" * 10".
    Thank you sir. I used it to take this picture of my girlfriend yesterday in the middle of a rubber plantation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Come and see what I have done up and until now at www.neilsphotography.co.uk

Very interesting out of focus highlights with that lens and that background is well suited to the lens and how you have used it.

As a footnote, take as many different pictures of the rubber trees as you can while they are still standing, in the future, more rubber looks like it will be manufactured from dandelions (roots) and in more temperate climates.