Thread: Anyone tried Realfilmreel: 4x5 Film reel for Jobo?

Question Anyone tried Realfilmreel: 4x5 Film reel for Jobo?

https://realfilmreel.bigcartel.com/p...-sheets-of-4x5

Hello, I Just joined the forum!

I mainly shoot color negatives, and because of the sp-445's leakage issues, I'm looking for other processing methods. (In my experience, the developer and blixer are getting a little less, so there was a problem with reusing chemicals.. In black and white, it's not a problem!)

We currently have Jobo 1510, 1520, and 1530 (extension). However, MOD54 or B's Reel are all for Patterson tanks. I wanted to use the Jobo tank I already have, but the only alternative I've found that fits is the "Realfilmreel" I linked. I searched but couldn't find any information! Has anyone ever used it?

And in the description of this product, it says that it fits the Paterson 3 tank or the Jobo 1510 + 1530 tank. Could the MOD54 reel be used for Jobo?

Re: Anyone tried Realfilmreel: 4x5 Film reel for Jobo?

Welcome to the forum!

Never used that particular reel, but having used other reels, for inversion tanks, with some sort of band around the middle can be problematic. The center band can leave a streak of higher density around the band area. With this reel, I'd be concerned about its width. Hopefully, someone with actual experience will weigh in.

Re: Anyone tried Realfilmreel: 4x5 Film reel for Jobo?

I think yes. Before I used JOBO 1501 reel, 1503 cog lid, 1504 magnet, 1505 cog, 1530 expansion module. However this scroll I am not sure about its size as well as its width. You try to watch some videos using MOD54 for Jobo to see.
    donkey kong