Thread: Cleaning and maintaining Wista 45SP

Question Cleaning and maintaining Wista 45SP

Hey there! Im new to this forum but i have been shooting with my Wista for the last few years and i need some help on best practice for cleaning.

On a recent trip to Sicily working on a project my camera was knocked into the sand. As I was in a small town far away from camera stores etc I took it a apart the best I could with my leatherman and cleaning it of with a toothbrush, a can of compressed air and some water. I got all the sand out and put it back together and shoot photos the rest of my trip. But now the focus gears are a bit stiff and not smooth even when the tension is loose.

I would like to give it another once over and lubricate it. What lubricant would you suggest? and on other problem I had is some how the glass cracked, the fresnel is fine and with a bit of clear tape it has kept together without an issues and focuses perfect. However I have been finding it hard to get a new piece of glass the exact right size. any info on where to source something like this online or in person. I'm based in Paris, France.

thanks in advance!
    Jack

Re: Cleaning and maintaining Wista 45SP

First check parallelism of the 2 gear racks and the spur gears are both aligned

you may be off a tooth or 3
    Tin Can