Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bag for field camera?

Bag for field camera?

I just got a Chamonix 45f-1, my first easily portable 4x5, and I知 looking forward to taking it hiking. Wondering what people are using to transport field cameras. I値l have a couple lenses, maybe 10 film holders, light meter, dark cloth, etc. I知 thinking a backpack with a little extra room for a windbreaker/water bottle, whatever, would be good. Is there anything purpose built for this?

Re: Bag for field camera?

Hey Jimi, I just ordered this:

https://www.wandrd.com/products/prvk...39293874962512

It hasn't arrived yet. Also, got the cube that goes into it. Purchased it because it seemed suitable for the urban walking I do.

I ordered a Wandrd Prvke 41L bag for my 4x5 field camera setup. Really well made with lots of useful features. For me, the bigger bag is worth the extra carrying capacity.
    I've used it on a few desert hikes with 3 lenses, spot meter, 6-8 holders, dark cloth, etc, etc. The expandable top is really nice as you can stuff a lot of extra things in there. It's easy to strap a sizable tripod or any other gear on the outside.

I carry my 8x10 in an extra large F-64 pack, it comes in smaller sizes but I can easily swap out my 5x7 or 4x5 gear in it.
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...QaAut3EALw_wcB
    Rick Allen

Argentum Aevum

practicing Pastafarian

Eric Woodbury

I put it on a tripod which I put on my shoulder padded by the darkcloth which has a piece of foam tucked in it.

Those wandrd bags look nice, though a little pricy. I think I’ll see if there are any used ones floating around…

Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    I carry my 8x10 in an extra large F-64 pack, it comes in smaller sizes but I can easily swap out my 5x7 or 4x5 gear in it.
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...QaAut3EALw_wcB
    That F-64 is awesome! The two detachable film holder bags (or other purpose bags) are free at that price! Love it.
    ~Jeff

"it is better to overexpose slightly than to under expose." Ansel Adams, The Negative

Over the years, I have picked up a few used acmeras. Some of them came with a bag. Interestingly, I have trasded off the gear, but kept the bags.

The Zone VI 4x5 kit lives in a vintage LowePro Magnum 35 shoulder bag. I also have a medium sized, vintage LowePero backpack. The kit will all go into that nicely too. Both have flown in the carry-on bin.

Try to find any of the discontinued Photobackpacker protective boxes. All my stuff lives in them when out and about.

Alays wanted an F64 . . .but they look huge andI have this other stuff and its paid for.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

When I had my Chamonix 4x5, I used to carry the whole system in a thinkTANK Airport backpack. I think it was either the Commuter or the Antidote model. What I liked about that backpack was that it easily held everything inside and had no attachments or extra things hanging off it.

Extra large F64 for my Chamonix 45H-1 4x5 with 4 lenses, 8 holders, and lots of other stuff. Comes with a rain protector and the two film holder cases that hold around 4-5 4x5 holders each that are detachable, and you can carry with a shoulder strap when not connected to the case. Comes in black or gray.
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?q=f64&sts=ma