Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ilford Printing Paper Costs Blowout.

Re: Ilford Printing Paper Costs Blowout.

it seems that Ilford wants to mimic Kodak about price policy: one 120 roll of HP5 or FP4 jumped from 7€ to 8.5€ in less than one year. What's going on in their heads?
    I really start to consider to skip Ilford and go for Foma, even at the expense of shadows detail.
    Pressing the shutter is the only easy thing

I am going 8x10 AZO contact prints

Got 2 500 sheet boxes

Free above a bar with broken windows

Very cold

Detroit

And 3 Elwood

10 years ago

Love those Elwoods
    Tin Can

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

I've been using 8x10 exclusively for alternative printing (salt, kallitypes, etc) for 10+ years now. But recently I started back printing silver gelatin using Ilford's 5x7 Satin RC paper and am quite impressed with the results. Sure, the prints are “small” compared to 8x10 or larger, but they are also jewel-like and can be admired close-up hand-held or in a scrapbook. Plus, they are cheap! - about 50¢ a sheet compared to 1$ or more for other sizes which makes it much more reasonable for folks like me that are on a fixed budget. Last month I decided to replace the artwork on one wall with a 16x20 print matted to 22x28 with a 6x7 negative that I shot in Yosemite. Once I got a good 5x7 print I used the Ilford exposure meter for up-sizing to 16x20 and placed a 5x7 sheet over the section that I deemed important. The resulting print on a $6 16x20 sheet of paper came out perfect. Of course, the expense of framing the print using 4 and 8-ply museum board, OP-3 AR1 acrylic and a Nielsen frame dwarfed the printing expense but that is to be expected.